• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

dance halls

Wow! This has been a fascinating thread to read! I'm currently getting back into dancing with swing jive, having seemingly forgotten all my ballroom (I'm sure it would come back with practice!), and I also have an interest in the history of local dances, cabaret and entertainment. It's been...
  2. D

The Old Contemptibles, Edmund St and Livery St

Thanks for those, David... if I ever manage to get into the ballroom and take some photos up there, I'll see if they're happy for me to post them on here for all!
  3. D

The spotted dog new cannal st

Afternoon all... The new landlord of what used to be the Spotted Dog has put a lot of effort into the building, turning a derelict ruin into a vibrant community venue for everything from heavy-duty dance music to stand-up comedy - and all sorts in-between. I managed to get a look inside just...
  4. D

The Old Contemptibles, Edmund St and Livery St

Hello - long-term local history enthusiast but brand new poster here. I know the Old Contemptibles has a ballroom upstairs, currently in a derelict state. Presumably this is a legacy of the days of the Albion Hotel - and various rumours I've heard over the years include references to a sprung...
Back