• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Yardley road Allottments

Here's a great photo of my grand father John Thomas Emery, third from left, the two boys are my dad Leonard, the shorter one, and my uncle Douglas Emery about 1916. at the time this photo was taken my Grandfather had three boys away at war Bill, Fred, And Arthur. Bill died of wounds in 1918.
  2. M

WW1 Music and songs

Came across this site by accident, thought I,d share it with you. https://www.ww1photos.com/WW1MusicIndex.html Hopefully the link will work. Michael.
  3. M

Peaky Blinders are back.

Second series starts Thursday 2nd oct. 9pm BBC 2.
  4. M

fort george scotland

This is a photo of my uncle Walter Emery taken about 1918/19. He is Center Front. I think with the seaforth Highlanders. Michael.
  5. M

Three Emery Brothers

Arthur,Fred and Bill Emery,abt 1914
  6. M

The Grove/Bordesley Park Road

Does any one remember the grove as we kids called it late 50s early 60s you could access it up the retreat, or further up BPR the grove ,or even further up opposite the Prince Arthur public house,this access had no name, all the houses with in the yellow border had gone by the mid 50s, and the...
  7. M

Rorke’s Drift and the Warwickshire regiment

Hi all came across this site about rorke,s drift thought id share it https://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/myths.htm All the best Michael.
  8. M

tesco. coventry road small heath

I remember this Branch of Tesco Opening I think it was 1964 I was about 9 yrs old, the reason I remember it was because it was being opened by Comedian And Film star, Tommy Trinder , I queued up and got his Autograph, He told me I was Lucky. Don,t know what happened to it, OR the Autograph. Michael
  9. M

John Douglas Poem

I first came across this poem by John Douglas about 35 years ago and I,ve loved it ever since,it was in the sunday mercury here,s the original and my transcript hope you enjoy it all the best michael
  10. M

Parking Meters (old Type)

Here,s my old gaffa lew skinner setting up one of the first parking meters in april 1963 and still there on sat. may 18th 1991 although lew was only posing out side our offices in staniforth st, the last 6 meters were taken out of brindley drive behind Baskerville house on the above date.how,s...
  11. M

Perry Bros (HALL GREEN LTD) Sarehole road B,Ham B28

Hi ALL anybody else work here I started here in oct 1973 till they shut down in 1980, the building is still there though now its owned by Drukers pattiserie I used to have an old photo but don,t know what happened to it, so I,ve had to paste an old letter head where the sign was but that was how...
  12. M

The Great Stone Northfield

I seen the great stone mentioned a couple of times so i thought as i was passing,
Back