• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Great pictures, Steve as always, thank you! The colour photo of the row of terraced houses (post 3112) is, I'm sure New John Street West, looking towards the junction with Wheeler Street, which is out of sight. Can I wish EVERYONE on the site, Moderators & contributors, a Very Happy New Year...
  2. A

Mum & Dad somewhere in Aston

This has been a fascinating topic- have enjoyed reading all the comments so much!
  3. A

Possibly in the Norman style, perhaps even the same architect as Holy Trinity. But a bit of a head scratcher!
  4. A

Yes, it does at first glance look like Holy Trinity, but Holy Trinity doesn't have the small, castellated building on the left. Also, the road layout is all wrong
  5. A

This is Speaking Stile Walk, Lee Bank, which no longer exists. The junction with Holloway Head is behind the photographer, and Irving Street is visible at the end of the street. At the end of Speaking Stile Walk is a white-painted wall, which says Wright & Platt, Ltd. The small, square sign by...
  6. A

The daddy long legs club

Hi Taxi Tom! A great list of clubs you've listed there! Do you know where, or on which street, the International Club was situated? It sort of rings a bell, but I'm not sure. Best wishes Alf Rogers
  7. A

Peugeot 504
  8. A

Okay, can Johnfromstaffs, or anyone else for that matter, identify the car in the bottom right hand corner of the NSU photo, #1227?
  9. A

Sorry Johnfromstaffs- didn't see you'd already identified it! Great minds....
  10. A

Behind the van: NSU Ro 80?
  11. A

Witton and Aston Barbers Shop

So sad to hear of how you lost your brother. Thank you for sharing with us.
  12. A

Doctors

My GP, in Perry Barr from 1984, was Dr. Indu Chakma, who'd come from Bangladesh to the UK back in 1965. What a lovely man he was! Always cheerful, and had time to listen to you. Once, I felt quite ill and asked to see him as a matter of urgency. I staggered into his surgery, he took one look at...
  13. A

Bill Switchgear

Glad you like the photo, Lyn! Yes, everything on that side of Aston Lane, from Birchfield Road to Wellhead Lane has gone.
  14. A

Bow Street, Horsefair

Looking at Google today, on the corner of Bow Street and Windmill street is a new development called Axium, which is going to create 304 new apartments. Where is the space for that number? Where will all the residents park their cars? Utter madness! The traffic at Smallbrook Ringway is already a...
Back