• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. I

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

Hi Mark I'll PM you my email address. I'm descended through Isabella's son Thomas from her marriage to Isaac Price. She was my 3x great grandmother.
  2. I

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

Count me in as one of those people descended from Isabella. I'd love to see what information and pictures you have of Isabella and any of her 11 children that survived to adulthood. I've collected a decent amount of info over the years (including from Local History & SO73) but am always after...
  3. I

Royal visits to Birmingham

Hi Carolina Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I cannot read any of what is written on the attachment so cannot tell if it is connected or not.
  4. I

Royal visits to Birmingham

Hi Does anyone know if there are any records regarding the people that met the King & Queen that day? I found out yesterday that my 3x great grandmother was apparently presented to them as one of the last people alive who had been in the Crimean War. I have no idea how true the Crimean...
  5. I

Birmingham City Transport Home Guard

Many thanks for the extra scans and research, it is much appreciated.
  6. I

Many thanks for the page scans. I have briefly checked over them and unfortunately cannot see him mentioned. By any chance are there more pages to come (he asks hopefully :-) ??? Again, thanks for taking the time to make the scans. Iain
  7. I

Hi I was recently given some papers that belonged to my great grandfather. Amongst these was his National Registration Identity Card which stated that he was a member of the 32nd Battalion of the Warwickshire Homeguard. Some googling brought me to this page and I was hoping, if this thread is...
  8. I

Lilley Frederick & Lucy Looking for descendants

Hi John As it happens I do have some Electoral Roll data for the people I'm looking for. I'll put what I have below with the last address I have for them: Fred & Lucy - 1 back 607 Bristol Road Thomas Richard married Rose Moore in 1907. At least 3 children. Last address 250 Reservoir Road...
  9. I

Hi Sue, Yes, I am a subscriber to Ancestry. I've gotten some great results and contacts through there before including for the Lilleys but nothing of substance for this particular group of Lilleys. Same goes for Genes Reunited too. I'm not expecting any immediate replies from family to this...
  10. I

Hi John, Thanks for replying and for taking the time to look up what you have. I've been able to find Fred & Lucy in all the censuses and have their certificates so I have all the "official record" data. Amenah has been a good tool in making sure I had the right people. What I'm after...
  11. I

Hi I am looking to make contact with any descendants of Frederick and Lucy (nee Wainwright) Lilley. They were my 2x great grandparents. Fred was born in Middlesex in 1860 and Lucy was born here in Birmingham in 1863. After they married in 1883, they lived the rest of their lives in Selly...
  12. I

Price, Thomas and Mary Ann (nee Andrews)

Hi Maureen Thanks for taking the time to reply and for letting me know the plot number they are in. In regards to filling out a consent form, if you send it to me I will ask her. If she doesn't want to, I'm sure her brother, my uncle, will instead. I have more questions regarding burials at...
  13. I

Hi again I checked the churchyard on Field Lane this morning and it was the right one - I found the grave. I also found a couple more for other family members that I wasn't expecting to find so that was a bonus. Cheers Iain
  14. I

Hi all I’m trying to find the grave of my great great grandfather, Thomas Price. He was buried in Nov/Dec 1950 in the same plot as his wife Mary Ann who died in 1926. My nan says he was buried in Bartley Green cemetery, which as she puts it “was at the top of Jiggins Lane”, which was where he...
Back