• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham City Transport Home Guard

Some more

Hi

I was recently given some papers that belonged to my great grandfather. Amongst these was his National Registration Identity Card which stated that he was a member of the 32nd Battalion of the Warwickshire Homeguard. Some googling brought me to this page and I was hoping, if this thread is still being monitored, whether anyone would be able to tell me what information the book people have referred to previously has about him. His name was George Price.

Thanks in advance
Iain

Attachments

• BCT  HG  1.jpg
    BCT HG 1.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BCT  HG  7.jpg
    BCT HG 7.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 17
  • BCT  HG  8.jpg
    BCT HG 8.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 20
  • BCT  HG  9.jpg
    BCT HG 9.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 17
  • BCT  HG  10.jpg
    BCT HG 10.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 19
Many thanks for the page scans. I have briefly checked over them and unfortunately cannot see him mentioned. By any chance are there more pages to come (he asks hopefully :) ???
Again, thanks for taking the time to make the scans.

Iain

This may be him ?

Hi

I was recently given some papers that belonged to my great grandfather. Amongst these was his National Registration Identity Card which stated that he was a member of the 32nd Battalion of the Warwickshire Homeguard. Some googling brought me to this page and I was hoping, if this thread is still being monitored, whether anyone would be able to tell me what information the book people have referred to previously has about him. His name was George Price.

Thanks in advance
Iain

Attachments

• BCT HG.jpg
    BCT HG.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 23
I have just found the same page as horsencart, full details are 32nd Battalion "D" Company, (Comprising P.34 and P.37 Units).

Your grandfather is listed being in P.34 Unit, Headquarters Selly Oak Garage, coincidentally my father was a Corporal in that unit,Cpl. L.H.Humphreys.

Unit P.37 headquarters was Cotteridge garage.

Hope this helps you.

Prompted by this thread and correspondence I have recently had with a non-member whose father served in one of these units, I have used the information available to me (partly gleaned from this thread, with appropriate acknowledgement and apology to the owners of the booklet) to produce a website page on this subject. The latter is intended to be for the general interest of HG historians and, especially, for the commemoration of the individuals who served and who should not be forgotten. It can be seen HERE.

I hope that Forum members possessing a copy of the booklet do not object to my having mentioned that they have in the past very generously provided a look up service to members seeking information about their relatives.

If any BHF member would like a mention made of a relative on that page so that his service is not forgotten, could they please contact me either by an IM through this Forum or directly via the website. (The website is regularly archived by the British Library and so, in theory, any information contained in it should be available in perpetuity). I should be very happy to include a mention if I receive, at the very least, a name and permission to use it; better still of course would be a bit of further biographical information and, especially, a contemporary photograph.

Chris

Back