• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

marroway street

Hi Jennyann Thanks for the reminder of the Marroway Street photographs, there's lots more been added since my last visit to the site, and yes Astonian you are right there was always a great community spirit along the road during my time there (1960's) as i remember we used to live in our small...
  2. B

marroway street

With regards to the salvation Army hall, there definetily was one there, my Grandfather attended and used to be caretaker for the building for most of his life, the building still stands today although now not used by the Salvation army
  3. B

Tram images & Birmingham

Would these numbered trams always have worked the same routes and would they have had dedicated drivers, i have a relative photographed driving a No 15 open fronted tram and wondered if this may have been the case
  4. B

Barford Road And School Winson Green.

I also attended the school and left in 1968
  5. B

Birmingham Trams

I have just found this acticle on a descendant of the family and thought it may be of interest, anything anyone may be able to add would prove extremely useful Brummy10
  6. B

Rowton House

Could anyone please shed light on "Wroughton House" i have a descendant was told died there in 1921 I believe it was a workhouse, and have been told it may now be "Chamberlain Hotel", could anyone please add any further information
  7. B

Teachers from Nansen Road School

Have you tried friends re-united, very often teachers as well as pupils make postings for thier particular schools
  8. B

Rhodes

Hi I have already posted you a pm earlier but i had relations who were connected to the Rhodes family, the couple in mention lived above a greengrocers on Dudley Road Ladywood, His Father was born in Aston, maybe you could post further details or contact me
  9. B

Speakingstile Walk, Birmingham

Thanks to eveyone for your help, the map and photograph are just what i need !
  10. B

Speakingstile Walk, Birmingham

I have ancestors who were living at the above place in 1915, can anyone tell me where about this was please ?
  11. B

Pitt & Betts

Thanks mikejee for the information
  12. B

Pitt & Betts

Could anyone please look up the business of Pitts & Betts, the only information i have is that one of the partners (William Pitt) was living at 15 Reservoir Rd, Edgbaston, Birmingham in 1871) Afraid thats all i have to go on Thank You Brummy10
  13. B

Which Cemetery ?

Since found the details, it was Yardley Cemetery
  14. B

Which Cemetery ?

Hi Would someone with local knowledge have an idea of which Cemetery someone would have been buried/cremated at , they were living in Allcroft Road, Hall Green at the time of death (1932) Thanks in anticipation Brummy10
  15. B

Scale Beam Maker

Hi Dolores Have you looked at W+T Avery of Winson Green , they have been Scale Makers for around 110 years at there present site If the link works you may find more info at www.averyweigh-tronix.com/main.aspx?p=1,1,3,2
  16. B

Stanmore Road Secondary, Edgbaston

School Hi Yes remember all the teachers and the resa run, might be before you went there but do you remember the old school bus (converted ambulance) named "Beautiful Zelda" imagine them allowing them to use that nowadays !!
  17. B

Stanmore Road Secondary, Edgbaston

Stanmore Hi I not only went to Stanmore but lived there as well !!! My Father was the school caretaker, i left in 1972, have great memories of the place brummy10
  18. B

The Navigation Inn Oxford St Deritend

Hi Does anyone by any chance know of a surviving photograph of the M&B pub the "Navigation Inn" that was situated on the corner of Bordesley Street and Oxford Street in Digbeth ( any date, i believe it was demolished around 1960) I have made all the usual enquiries to the brewery all to no...
  19. B

Thomas George Turrall.v.c.

Turrall Pictures Hi Cromwell I was arare of one other picture, certainly not two it would be great if you were able to sort these out Brummy10
  20. B

Thomas George Turrall.v.c.

Thomas Turrall VC grave Hi I have further pictures of Thomas Turrall, his gravestone, in his military uniform, and a painting that was commisioned as rememberance of his heroic act
Back