• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. G

My Grandas marches on Anzac Day.

At this time of year when so many of us remember those lost in war I thought that I would mention a Children's book printed in 2006. As the name implies it is about a young girl who attends the Anzac Day Dawn Service with her father and grandfather. She then stays on with her Dad to watch her...
  2. G

Aston WW1 memorial

Hi, My grandfather George Abraham Ward died in April 1917 while serving with the Worcestershire Regt. He was born and lived in the Aston area. He attended St James the Less Church. Does anybody know if there is any memorial in or around Aston. I believe the church was demolished...
Back