• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. peter card

Stele on Great King Street

Lyn Thank you, but please do not go until a speak again because Warwick or Oxford may come up with an image. Thanks P
  2. peter card

Lyn Thank you, and do not disagree with what you say. But the real problem with internet images are that they are not of a good pixel rate, certainly seldom good enough for publishing in a book. I live in South Oxfordshire. I will if I may ask you to take a photograph, but I currently have...
  3. peter card

Janice Thank you. I was hoping to catch a photographer that has a stock image that I could pay for, but the online images are quite poor with a low pixel rate so not suitable for publications; notwithstanding possible problems with copyright. I do thank you for your interest. All best wishes. P
  4. peter card

Thank you, I appreciate your help, but at only 40Kb it is not big enough to print in a book. It needs to be 500kb minimum. But thank you. All the best. PETER
  5. peter card

In about 1972 Lucas Industries erected a stone Stele to represent where the front door of their factory in Little King Street used to be before it was demolished in 1967. See attached a c1975 photograph of the Stele. The area has been altered almost beyond recognition. However, the Stele...
  6. peter card

Aston Interactive Map

Can you let me have an email address, and I will send.
  7. peter card

Aston Interactive Map

Hi I have several images of 209 Great King Street if interested. I am looking for images in and around the Little King Street area if you have any map connections please ?? THANKS
  8. peter card

Little king st hockley

The British Legion was directly opposite of the Lucas & Son - Tom Bowling Lamp Works which was pulled down in late 1966.
  9. peter card

Aston Interactive Map

John. This is an excellent piece of work, quite inspired. I am looking for information and photographs of Great King Street and little king Street, do you have anything to help in a similar way ?? THANKS, appreciated
  10. peter card

Aston Interactive Map

many thanks this this image,
  11. peter card

Aston Interactive Map

Hi I am reserching the Lucas factory in Little King Street. Does anyone have other good photographs of the site please.
  12. peter card

Little king st hockley

Lyn How interesting, Harry would have been 16 and about to join his father in business. They moved to 209 GKS in 1872. Small world. Where the Little King Street photographs taken by your family if they lived in the area? Best
  13. peter card

Bowler Lamps Little King Street

Mike Thank you, these images add a further dimension to an interesting story. Yes, you are right, I am still kicking the old lamp scene around. The new volume will be privately published next year, to be called: Lucas – The Company, The People, Their Cycle Lamps 1878 - 1914 Harold Nockold's...
  14. peter card

Little king st hockley

Mike Thank you, these images add a further dimension to an interesting story. Yes, you are right, I am still kicking the old lamp scene around. The new volume will be privately published next year, to be called: Lucas – The Company, The People, Their Cycle Lamps 1878 - 1914 Harold Nockold's...
  15. peter card

Mike Would it be possible to widen into Great King Street, I just wanted to see the 'shopping' where the Lucas' started their Lamp business at 209 Great King Street, before moving to their Little King Street factory in 1876. THANK YOU, your help is appreciated.
  16. peter card

Little king st hockley

Mike Would it be possible to widen into Great King Street, I just wanted to see the 'shopping' where the Lucas' started their Lamp business at 209 Great King Street, before moving to their Little King Street factory in 1876. THANK YOU, your help is appreciated.
  17. peter card

Lyn Thank you, I had not gone back far enough. The photographs are a delight. I am writing a book about the Victorian days of the Tom Bowling Lamp Works, as seen in image 010. Harry Lucas's door having been bricked-up one has to assume post WW11, but not at all sure. The cast-iron letter box...
  18. peter card

Little king st hockley

Lyn Thank you, I had not gone back far enough. The photographs are a delight. I am writing a book about the Victorian days of the Tom Bowling Lamp Works, as seen in image 010. Harry Lucas's door having been bricked-up one has to assume post WW11, but not at all sure. The cast-iron letter box...
  19. peter card

Little king st hockley

Mike Sorry to trouble you, but do you have a link to the wider map incorporating Little King Street please. Thank you PETER
Back