• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Tv Sub-titles

seen some funny ones. the one that sticks in my memory was a result of the queens visit to the country of Oman. on the Arabian peninsula, what the subtitles were meant to say i do not know but it came on the screen "SHE'S A MAN". use subtitles all the time. not everybody's cup of tea. the news...
  2. J

Question over a B.H.F.t Facebook, page.

thank you Colin b I was born in the shadow of the children's hospital. at 43b ladywood Rd. 1962
  3. J

Question over a B.H.F.t Facebook, page.

There is a question been asked. on the face book page. I am not a member. the title is "ladywood rd" there is a picture of a row of houses. the question is "were is this" the answer is opposite the children's hospital. as seen in second picture of the hospital it self.
  4. J

Where is This #208?

is it the "boxfoldia factory in north street. selly oak.
  5. J

Charlie Chaplin At Aston Hippodrome

laurel and hardy stayed in the midland hotel on new street. this picture was taken in nineteen forty seven.
  6. J

Old street pics..

thank you to brumgum and phil. for the above posts. what a grand place it looks. the interior must have been very magestic . and i bet you needed a few bob to stay there. looks like a place that could tell a few stories. l must say about this site when you ask a question you always get...
  7. J

Old street pics..

thank you burgum. for video. one question. at O--5I. there is an aerial shot of st martin's church. there is a red brick building in front were the outdoor market is know held. did not know there was a building there. the picture must have been taken mid sixties the new bullring is just to...
  8. J

General Post Office 1890 Victoria Square

great photos. could somebody name the person that the statue is dedicated to. did not know there was ever a statue there. and if possible is it still on display. thank you in advance.
  9. J

Courtyards and yards of brum

great for gang hut
  10. J

Items that have faded away

Tree tops. diluted orange pop with the bits in.
  11. J

School Milk

Go online ''dairycrest'' they still do sterilised milk in bottles and they put it on your doorstep too.
  12. J

School Milk

The children get it in tiny cartons now.
  13. J

School Milk

In the summer months they gave you orange juice/ squash
  14. J

who remembers fireball xl5

the singing ringing tree. very weird
  15. J

who remembers fireball xl5

frothblower, that can not be the real rocket from fireball xl5. when i used to watch it, the rocket was black and white. great photo
  16. J

Birmingham Town Hall

did anybody see the mothers of invention/frank zappa. (1968-69). and 1973,pictures and sound recording. would be nice. look forward to your comments.
  17. J

the mountaineer

just off dawberry fields road, on ashburton road
  18. J

Follet Osler School

oratory from 1970 -1973,
  19. J

Record shops in Bham

hobdays, poplar rd,kings heath.
  20. J

First Film Your Parent Took You To See

sound of music. at the gaumont about 1967,could be wrong. bloody posh.
Back