• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Heaton

Re: All things Heaton Hi Carol, Thanks! That would be lovely. I dont know whether I mentioned but I am decended from the Heatons via my fathers maternal side. Ralph Heaton of the Birmingham Mint was my first cousin 5 times removed - almost off the page ! lol. I am trying to find out as...
  2. B

Heaton

Re: All things Heaton I cannot give you a definitive answer, but I am 99.9% certain it is.
  3. B

Heaton

Re: All things Heaton Hi, Perhaps you can help, I am a decendant of the Birmingham Heatons and have come to a complete and utter stop at my 5 x g.grandfather, John Heaton who married Sarah Whitehead in 1742. He allegedly was born in Birmingham c 1720 but I cant find anything ...
  4. B

Heaton

Re: All things Heaton JOHN HEATON born c1720 BIRMINGHAM, married Sarah Whitehead 1742. He was my 5xgr.grandfather. I cannot find a birth for him in Birmingham (where he allegedly came from). Obviously this line of the family stayed on in Birmingham for the next 200+ years. Does...
  5. B

Kings Heath High School

Hi!! I have been doing a bit of research and have found out at the original building was Brunswick House. This was the main building/house where Major Dean-Davis and his wife lived. Hope this is useful.
  6. B

Kings Heath High School

I attended this school from 1956 to 1961. We did wear the brown and gold uniform, and I remember it as if it was yesterday. Major Davis and his wife had corgies which ran around the garden next to the playground !!!
  7. B

VJ Richards? electrical shop Ladypool rd

This isnt quite about an electrical shop, but somebody who lived on the Ladypool Road. I am desperately trying to seek information about a lady named Madge. I used to visit her when I was little and up to the age of about 14. She lived in a house off Ladypool Road, She had red hair which always...
  8. B

Heaton and Dugard

My paternal g.g.grandmother was Elizabeth Heaton, and she married John Nicholls, thus starting the "Heaton-Nicholls" family line. If you need anymore information please let me know. Beth Jones
  9. B

Heaton

Re: All things Heaton Hi, My G.G.Grandmother was Elizabeth Heaton. HER Great Uncle was Ralph Heaton (the first) who started off the Birmingham Mint. (Family line: Elizabeth (daughter of Richard Heaton and Mary Evans). Richard Heaton (son of John Heaton and Mary Roberts) Ralph Heaton I was...
  10. B

Heaton and Dugard

Hello, Just read your message. All the Heaton, (rolling mills, fishing tackle and Birmingham Mint) are the same family. My g.g. grandmother was Elizabeth Heaton, and the Heatons married into the Wedgwood family, and the Dugard family. If you do need any more info, please ask! Beth Jones
  11. B

JOHN NICHOLLS (c1811) Aston.

John Nicholls Thanks for your input. I have had an email from Lichfield Records Office. They looked at the Banns for John Nicholls and Elizabeth Heaton and it shows that they were "both of this Parish " (Edgbaston) and the witnesses were Elizabeth Nicholls and Benjamin Nicholls. Cant find...
  12. B

St. Andrews/St. Basils Churches.

Can anybody possibly help ? My G G Grandfather died in 1848 and the last known address for him was Lawley Street, Dudeston-cum-Nechells. I understand that his burial could have been at either of the above churches. Does anybody have any information about where I could search for this...
  13. B

JOHN NICHOLLS (c1811) Aston.

I am desparately trying to find information regarding JOHN NICHOLLS born in Aston c1811. He married ELIZABETH HEATON of the Birmingham Mint family. I have plenty of information about Elizabeth (my g.g.grandmother) but cannot find anything about John Nicholls. Any help would be gratefully...
Back