• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

BSA gun component outsourcing WWll

I'm researching a book and have only just started look at this particular aspect so at the moment I'm not sure what I am likely to discover. Currently I can't find any books to help me on one particular aspect of this subject and wonder if there is any obscure information "out there" which I...
  2. G

I know this is slightly out of the area but...

...I'm hoping someone can help me anyway. I am looking at an area just outside Redditch on the way to Studley via the "bottom" road which used to be called Salts Hill. I'm researching a book and want to locate a house long since demolished. I have struggled to find it on ANY map but now have...
  3. G

Edgar Vaughan & Co, Birmingham 4

Does anyone have any idea what this company used to make? They joined forces to some extent with E F Houghton in the USA around 1910 and that's the period I'm really interested in.
  4. G

Edgar Vaughan & Co, Birmingham 4

Does anyone have any idea what this company used to make? They joined forces to some extent with E F Houghton in the USA around 1910 and that's the period I'm really interested in .
  5. G

Victoria Square & Colmore Row

When I first left school in 1966 I worked for Canadian Pacific who had offices at the end of Colmore Row. They were tall buildings with deep basements and using the toilets involved going out into a wide corridor from the second underground level and into toilets across from the back door of...
  6. G

Guarding factories producing munitions during WW2

During WW2 there were plenty of factories in Birmingham either producing the actual munitions or otherwise parts for munitions which were being assembled elsewhere. I'm wondering whether these places were protected or guarded in any way. Someone hs suggested Military Police to me but I'm...
Back