• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

I remember going to Shaftmoor Lane and enjoying the parties. They always seemed to go on forever and then Dad picked us up. Happy das
  2. B

Hingeston Street

Does anybody remember Nellie and George Lewis from Hingeston Street. They were my Grandparents who I often stayed with when I was a small child because my brother was in hospital. They had two children Jean and Pat. George had a big shed in the courtyard. Any replies to [email protected]...
  3. B

sayings

Don't get nasty, have a pasty
  4. B

Chocolate Concrete

Wasn't this dish sometimes the only thing you would eat in school? Smash it up and mix it with custard, as long as you took the skin off first? Lovely jubbly!
  5. B

Vinegar Salad

Cucumber and Onion Lynda and Sakura Aren't the simplest of things fantastic?
  6. B

Hobs Moat - Solihull

Hobs Moat Nicholas I know you are probably requesting information into someything more than what I am going to say but Hobs Moat to me means something quite different. I refer to Hobs Moat Road and specifically the Cresta Club where I used to go and see some marvellous acts. Gene Pitney...
  7. B

Vinegar Salad

Cucumber and Onion One of my very dear childhood memories was every Sunday afternoon tea when my Nan and Grandad would come to tea. We would have the usual chat, play games in the parlour and then all sit down to the 'Mike Sams Singers' singing 'Something Simple' on the radio and indulge...
  8. B

Richards William

Private 14175 William Richards was a member of the Kings Shropshire Light Infantry who was killed in the Battle of Ypres in September 1917. He is commemorated in the Tyne Cot Cemetry in Belgium. He was born in South Wales and in 1901 lived in Tylorstown in Glamorgan, where he is ten years old...
Back