• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Tony 13

Moor End Lane School

found some more
  2. Tony 13

Moor End Lane School

I also went to Moorend Lane School, I found this pic but I don't know anyone in the pic
  3. Tony 13

Salford Park Aston cycling

Cool can't imagine anyone riding around on a scooter fully loaded like that nowdays without getting a tug from the law lol I was about 14 then and use to ride an Easy Rider push bike with cow horns Another picture of Legoland 1971 1 year before completion with Cycle Track visable
  4. Tony 13

Stockland Green

Thank you Aston that map covers where i was born, where i lived when 1st married and also where i live now. A friend was looking at it with me and if possible ask would you post map of Garrison Lane area by Blues ground Cheers Tony
  5. Tony 13

Aston Map

I have found the old maps facinating to look at and if its not to much trouble i would love to see maps of Erdington/Stockland Green from that era. Thanx Tony
  6. Tony 13

Leamington Rd - Salford Bridge Hi Can anyone out there help with any information regarding Leamington Rd and in particular the screw factory, any pictures or information would be very much appreciated. My mother worked there durring the 2nd world war making skrews for aircraft, I can not find...
  7. Tony 13

Perry Barr Shopping Precinct 1960-9, Lynton Sq

Perry Barr Shopping Centre I'm from Erdington, only memory i have of Perry Barr Shopping Centre was Maplins opened their 1st Birmingham shop there, not sure when it was but must have been 70's or early 80's, there has been a Maplins in erdington for many years. Only reason it comes to mind is...
  8. Tony 13

Salford bridge

Salford Bridge I am building up a good picture of how the interchange at Salford Bridge looked in the 50's with all the Tram pictures i have collected From Diferent angles, but i only have low resolution pics of the Erdington arms(Muck man) at the end of Slade rd also Gravelly hill. Any high...
  9. Tony 13

1969 would be about right, i would have been about 15, I was mad for fishing then and was keen to see all the fish from the lake Carp Pike Bream pearch, i followed the truck with the tanks of fish from salford to Brookvale and watch then released it to the lake. I still never managed to catch...
  10. Tony 13

Perry Barr Shopping Precinct 1960-9, Lynton Sq

Hi I have pic from 1972 of Perry Barr Shopping centre, I'm new here my 1st atempt to upload a pic so hope its there.....Cheers Tony Tony
Back