• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Station Road Secondary Modern School, Harborne.

Hi I have family who attended Station Road School too - Mansell's and Onions and Fosters If anyone has any memories would love to hear from you as we never knew any of the family on this side and they are since passed. Sharon
  2. S

Blue Coat School, Birmingham

Birmingham Library hold the records for the school - I have had access to view them in relation to my great grandparents when they attended in Harborne. You do have to become a member (free) and then apply to the historical section, with reasons why -but they are very informative. If for any...
  3. S

Onions (Samuel Isaac and Florence May)

Hi Thank you so much for this, i will certainly check it all out. I have gotten in to the thought process that it must have been his wife that may have been married before, that I didn't think it might have been his mother. I will let you know how i get on. Thank you Sharon
  4. S

Thank you, it makes great sense sharon
  5. S

Thank you for your help - this is pretty much what i had, but felt it was wrong with the Foster element. Oh well - looks like i will never know. May be if i order the birth certificate of lily onions, it may just shed some light. Thank you very much Sharon
  6. S

Harborne

Hi during my family research, i notice my grandparents and great grandparents all lived in Metchley lane at some time or other in the 1930-50's - would any of them be remembered at all. We never knew that side of the family. William Collinson Mansell and wife Emma William Collinson George...
  7. S

Rookery Road School Handsworth

Re: Miss Smith's Class, Circa 1960 I would dearly love to know which one was Bruce Chesterman as he is my moms cousin. Bruce is no longer with us in fact there are very few of the Chesterman family left unless anyone tells me otherwise. I am researching this side of the family and would love...
  8. S

Hi My great grandmothers father on her marriage certificate is shown as Samuel Isaac Onions (b 1879)and their address as 173 Court Oak Road, Harborne. I can see he is shown on the electoral roll in 1920 to 1925 although Samuel is on his own. Assuem his wife Florence May (B 1882)had died. I...
  9. S

Dunlop

Yes they are birth years - and I agree the name could have taken many forms over the years. How very interesting.
  10. S

Dunlop

Hi I know he was in Birmingham in 1931 as this was when he married my great aunt Bessie (Elizabeth) Chesterman. He was shown on marriage record as William G M Peare. Family remember him as George. Surname may be typo and could actually be Pearce. I have attached the travel document, this...
  11. S

Dunlop

Graham I am lead to beleive my grandfathers brother in law was a manager at Dunlop - not sure on time scales sometime from 1930 onwards .. His name was William G M Peare (possibly Pearce). I do know he and his wife went to Ireland and I have a travel document for their return to England...
  12. S

Dunlop Building

Hi Gillian I am researching my family and have come accross a great uncle who was a manager at Dunlop - would anyone remember him his name was William Peare (possibly Pearce) and most likely from Ireland. Would love any information THanks Sharon
  13. S

registry office for marrige,

My great great grandparents marriage certificate shows them having married at the register office Aston? I am after a picture of this building to put im my family album. would anyone know where it was in 1924 and where i might be able to get a picture thank you
Back