• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Charlotte Hobson aka Cynthia

Im sorry to say that Cynthia who you may remember and often turned up to the meets, sadly passed away last weekend. RIP Cynthia.
  2. C

Microsoft Edge

Whenever I open my laptop its Google which I like, but then it starts reverting to Microsoft Edge which I dont like so I reopen Google to use, but the same thing happens again. Can Microsoft Edge be uninstalled or is there any other way I can bypass it. (Windows 11) Thanks
  3. C

Poppies

I love the halloween day when little bats were flying across the page, I would like to do poppies tomorrow on my page, any idea how I would do it please?
  4. C

Its a Brum Ting

5. C

Swinglers

After looking at the 1921 Census I found out that my grandad who was shown as a boatman worked for a company called Swinglers, does anyone have any information on them? Thanks
  6. C

Historic England

Historic England have released information for the UK. https://historicengland.org.uk/sitesearch?searchType=site&search=Birmingham
  7. C

Eddie Fewtrell

RIP Eddie you brought great clubs to Birmingham rip
  8. C

1921 Census.

Find My Past have announced the release date of the 1921 census - 6th January 2022. As suspected there will be a cost, £2.50 for each record transcript and £3.50 for each record image. The cost covers the cost involved transcribing the images and 12 month pro subscribers will receive a 10%...
  9. C

SAMSUNG TABLET A

I have been given a Samsung Tablet A by a friend I have had it completely put back to default. I have entered all my details in but for some reason I am getting the internet in Chinese!! I have looked and my language is showing its English. Any ideas please.
  10. C

“See Birmingham First” First sound video of Brum

Here is the first sound video of Birmingham. As it finishes more of Brum come along. Well worth viewing.
  11. C

Jubbly - Frozen Drink

Discussion started on another thread about Heaton Street (arising from photo below posted by terryb18) Discussion about Jubbly's extracted out here. Thats an absolute cracker. Never see it before. The shop on the left hand side was great for frozen jubilees.
  12. C

Made In Birmingham (on iPlayer)

If you havent got Freeview and cant get 'Made in Birmingham' (Sky from January 2017 as well) Click on here and then 'Streets of Birmingham'. https://www.madeinbirmingham.tv/player/?playercat=94543&v=2
  13. C

Engine Tavern. Park Road. Norton St

Does anyone have information on why the Engine Tavern on Park Road/Norton Street was called that name?
  14. C

Caroline Street

St Pauls taken from Caroline Street.
  15. C

Canals - The Making Of A Nation Programme

On BBC2 tonight the programme: The Making of a Nation - How Birmingham canal networks were saved following years of neglect.
  16. C

Eddie Fewtrell Tv Film

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/secrets-1960s-gangland-birmingham-set-10881220
  17. C

Chromecast

Does anyone know if you can connect your laptop to play a dvd to chromecast so it plays on the TV? Please.
  18. C

Handsworth

There is a heritage trail in Handsworth if anyone is interested. Click on the left hand side to see what it entails. https://www.legacy-wm.org/
  19. C

Timmins

I am trying to find any info regarding my Uncle - Walter Timmins born 1919 Devonshire Street, Winson Green. I have some info on him but I would like to find out about his time during WWII. I know he was in the 8th army and he sent presents to my mom and as kids we thought they were exotic. Is...
Back