• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Bee Jay

Stechford Road Junior School

My husband, David Jephcott thinks he has names for some of the team. Front row far right, Leslie Brown. Second in front Ronnie Jones. Back row 3rd from left ? Finnan
  2. Bee Jay

Castle Bromwich clubs

Hi Peter Kirby, you are on my old school photo that I’ve posted on The Bentley Road junior school site. With your twin sister Penny. She was my friend at school. We all went on to different senior schools, I went to Kingshurst High school for Girls. I lived on the Chester Road, very last house...
  3. Bee Jay

Marston Green Hospital

Comment. From CK51 regarding matron at Marston Green Maternity, Mildred Maxwell. A formidable lady indeed. She ruled not only the nurses with a rod of iron but the whole work force (I was a lab technician). But she did throw exceptional staff “dos” I recall one held at Elmdon Hotel by the...
  4. Bee Jay

Houses built in 1930’s

My Grandad Colin Frederick Price was a builder in 1930’s also my dad, of tge same name. Under the name of C.F.Price and Son. They built many houses in the Stechford area also Castle Bromwich. After my father passed away I found some interesting pictures / documents I’d like to share with you...
  5. Bee Jay

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

My first experience of Chinese restaurant was also Kam Ling. very much part of date nights with my boyfriend. (Still have the business card). In 1965 he took me there to give me my engagement ring. We’ve been married now 57 years. The Slow Boat was also a favourite. In my innocence I first...
  6. Bee Jay

Castle Bromwich School Bentley Road

Castle Bromwich Infants & Junior School, Hurst Lane, also called Bentley Road School? I attended there 1952 - 1958. In my school photo picture I think “Sir” was Mr.Clarke. I’m (Brenda Price) in the polka dot dress front row seated. In my class Penny & Peter Kirby ( they lived at The Vanity Box...
  7. Bee Jay

Marston Green Hospital

Small World. I worked at Marston Green Maternity Hospital ‘64 - ‘68 in the Path Lab. my boyfriend/fiancé/ husband lived at 82 Millington Road. His relatives - uncle, aunt and 3 boy cousins all ended up in BC Canada. Mike, the eldest cousin (76) still lives there now in Montreal after retirement...
  8. Bee Jay

Marston Green Hospital

Hi I worked in the Path Lab at Marston Green Maternity 64-‘68. Chelmsley hospital, next door to Marston Green was a mental hospital and once a week path lab staff were required to visit their wards to take any bloods that were needed for testing.
  9. Bee Jay

Marston Green Hospital

Small World. I worked at Marston Green Maternity Hospital ‘64 - ‘68 in the Path Lab. my boyfriend/fiancé/ husband lived at 82 Millington Road. His relatives - uncle, aunt and 3 boy cousins all ended up in BC Canada. Mike, the eldest cousin (76) still lives there now in Montreal after retirement...
  10. Bee Jay

Kingshurst High School for Girls

Might your wife recall me. Brenda Price my maiden name.
  11. Bee Jay

Kingshurst High School for Girls

This was my school. It was mixed, both girls and boys when it first opened I think 1958 - ‘59. Head master, Mr Aldridge, very strict, he would often cane naughty boys in assembly in front of the whole school. Then Miss Allen, head of the girls school. Miss Lees was deputy, I think and took us...
  12. Bee Jay

Castle Bromwich clubs

Hi Yvonne. Have I actually found you!! Neighbour, School friend, fellow 1st Kingshurst Guide friend, Saint Barnabas Youth club member, bridesmaid. Would be great to hear from you!
Back