• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. W

Gee Street

I've just found out that my great-grandfather and his siblings/parents were living a 13 Gee Street in 1891
  2. W

St Matthew Terrace, Great Lister Street

I have so many relatives that come from this Terrace of back-to-back houses, so wondered if anybody else relatives came from here too. Talbot is the surname of my relative mostly. My 92-year-old nan and I were discussing this terrace today and she described it as being made up of six houses...
  3. W

St Mary's Chapel Whittall Street

I've just found out today that my grandmother's uncle Albert was christened here in 1890. It's such a shame that it's not longer here.
  4. W

Scholefield Street

My nan actually remembers the cafe, I believe her mum worked there at some point!
  5. W

7 The Ring Birmingham (1939 Register)

I've been looking at the 1939 England and Wales Register online. One of my family members are listed as being at an address in Birmingham "7 The Ring" does anybody know where this would be? Thanks
  6. W

Cine Equipment LTD

My nan got married in 1957, so would be around that time. Thanks
  7. W

Cine Equipment LTD

My nan got her wedding photos done by Cine Equipment Ltd, does anybody have any info on this shop or where it was. I’ve got a photo from the envelope that the pictures came in. Thanks
  8. W

Mancini Family

Thank you so much!
  9. W

Mancini Family

Yes this would be the correct family as the memorial says son of Agnes and Anthony Mancini. Thanks for the help, hopefully someone one here might a be a relative or something. I saw that Tony Jr was buried in Witton.
  10. W

Mancini Family

Hey all, My nan (91 yrs old) always tells us a story about when she was in blitz in brum. The story is about a nice boy called Tony Mancini (Anthony Mancini) who was friends with my Nan's older brother. I won't go into the details as they are graphic but Tony did died and I was wondering if...
  11. W

Bon Matin Perfumes

Thank you both for additional information :)
  12. W

Children's Home Henry Street, Nuneton Warwickshire

I believe from a workhouse website online that it was on 23 henry street, nuneaton
  13. W

Children's Home Henry Street, Nuneton Warwickshire

Does anybody know any information about a Children's Home in Henry Street, Nuneton Warwickshire. I believe my great grandfather and his brother were in a home in Henry street in 1921-1925 I can't seem to find any information about this home or where it is etc? Thanks
  14. W

Litherland

My family is down the Timothy Litherland (Born: 1777) line, if anybody has worked out that they are related to him.
  15. W

Duffy,Werrett,Talbot,Theay,Kane,Barett,Walker

Literally Nan and myself were talking about Lily Smallwood & Albert Wellings today (is this the right people).
  16. W

Bon Matin Perfumes

I think I found the same product on eBay being sold by the seller: mybagclub
  17. W

Bon Matin Perfumes

Oh yes, your correct! Possibly there is a French link, I can't find any more information on it at the moment.
  18. W

Bon Matin Perfumes

@jmadone Here are some of the photos I've just taken, even though they were in storage they have deteriorated over the years. You can still see the packaging and pretty design on the soaps. Hope these pictures help in someway. :)
  19. W

Bon Matin Perfumes

Thank you for this info, does this mean it would have been made before 1973?
  20. W

Rippingille Aston Road

Hey all, yesterday in Wales we found a very old piece of metal that was rusty and had soil on top of it with writing on it. Once it was washed down and cleaned a little we worked out it was 'Rippingillie's Albion Lamp Co'. After research online it had come off one of their Paraffin Stoves. I'm...
Back