• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Frank King

U Unfortunately not. Apparently he is 17.
  2. N

Frank King

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my posts. Here are two photos of Frank King. One in his naval uniform, which was part of a much bigger crew photograph. When I was young and used to visit my Nan in Leicester, there were photos of Frank wearing his boxing belts, which I assume...
  3. N

Frank King

I can safely say that Frank lived with the family at Farm Close. The way my mother described him, he was a real character. Unfortunately he liked a drink and got locked up for d&d quite often. My mother used to go and visit him at the local police station.
  4. N

Frank King

Thanks for that information. I really appreciate your help.
  5. N

Frank King

Yes. You are right. They moved to Leicester, and Farm Close is in Leicester.
  6. N

Frank King

No. Nothing at all.
  7. N

Frank King

Yes thank you.
  8. N

Frank King

Thanks for that. The reason why it might be worth looking at the archives is that Frank apparently died while cycling and got hit by a bus. This was when the family was living at Farm Close. Such a violent death surely would have made it into the local newspaper.
  9. N

Frank King

Thank you for taking such an interest. It is quite humbling. I spoke to my auntie Brenda just before she died and she said that he was born Frank Lowe and had left his family who owned the Lowe haulage business.
  10. N

Frank King

Thank you very much Alberta. That information is amazing. I don't think my mother knew that Howard was a half brother, and she certainly never knew about the other children. The reason why I asked about Frank King is that I have inoperable bowel cancer and don't know how long I have left. It...
  11. N

Frank King

I do have a record of a marriage to Archibald Whitehead. They had a son Howard. It is possible that she was still married to him, as that happened on my paternal side. My paternal grandfather fathering 10 children with 2 women.
  12. N

Frank King

Thanks for the reply. I could not find any record of marriage. My mother said he died when she was 14. She was born in 1931. So his death could be 1945.
  13. N

Frank King

My maternal grandfather was Frank King. Apparently he was associated with Bingley Hall boxing club. No record of his death or birth can be found, but he probably died around 1943/1944. He had been in the navy and had boxed for them. The possible reason why there are no records of him is that he...
Back