• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

St Giles Church Sheldon

The gentleman on the right of the photo is Ben Bragg my Father and best friend who even after 30years I still miss.
  2. J

Heaton House Camden Street Hockley

I was works manager of Cruickshanks in the 1960’s until 1970. My office was the one with the. Arched widow reveal. The factory was still operating up to and including 1969 not 1964 as posted on this thread.
  3. J

Hobbies 2021

Grandads shed where things are made and mended eventually. Such as my model railway "Hookton & the Lipp Vale". still work in progress.
  4. J

Auxiliary Fire Service

Whilst not AFS but the NFS my father who had joined in 1939 serving until 1945 was one of 60 men sent to London in 1940 to assist the London Brigade in West Ham Silvertown . I have attached a copy of a letter from the Earl of Dudley thanking the men for their service.
  5. J

Auxiliary Fire Service

Sheldon fire station circa 1938 Sherwoods Garage Coventry Road. My father Benjamin Bragg standing on the right in the photo
  6. J

St Giles Church Sheldon

Reference has been made to the chimney on the bier house as being for the blacksmiths furnace. As the building was built to a new design and was not a carbon copy of the original it's a complete nonsense. The blacksmiths building is on Church road well away from the Bier House which just...
  7. J

St Giles Church Sheldon

The person holding the bucket is Henry Greaves, the master builder, my Grandfather Sidney Bragg, my father Benjamin Bragg is the person in the background. The building used the bricks from the original bier house which the choir men and boys helped to demolish, transporting the bricks on the...
Back