• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H

Grosvenor st west pics wanted

Hi Phil, me again! Please could you tell me the source of the first photo in this post. I would really like to use it in my work! Many thanks :-)
  2. H

Little Green Lane School Wyndcliffe School Small Heath

Hi Phil, I might have already asked (sorry, am knee deep in photo requests!), but please could you tell me where this photo comes from originally? Many thanks!
  3. H

Little Green Lane School Wyndcliffe School Small Heath

Dear Viv, please could you tell me where this photo comes from? Many thanks!
  4. H

Blews Street

Hello. These are great photos and I would like to use them in a family history book. Please could you tell me where they are from in order to get permission? Many thanks, Hannah
  5. H

Hay mills area

Super. Many thanks!
  6. H

Hay mills area

Hi @stars Can you remember which book these images are from? I would like to use one of them for my own work. Many thanks!
  7. H

GERMAN/ITALIAN POWs IN BIRMINGHAM

Thanks for the replies. Here is the photograph. We think they were from Schwäbisch Hall (which would have been the American zone in Germany) and/or Mönchengladbach (which would have been in the British zone).
  8. H

GERMAN/ITALIAN POWs IN BIRMINGHAM

Thank you for this interesting thread. My grandparents befriended prisoners of war in 1946/7. They visited the house and my grandfather took them to Villa Park to watch the football. I have a photograph of them in front of the family home in their standard prisoner clothing with "P" and "W" on...
Back