• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Pro Civitate

Broad Street statues c1930s

I wonder if anyone recognises this statue to the east of the Hall of Memory from the 1930s. It looks like it is by William Bloye or Alan Bridgwarer. I cannot see that it is listed in George Noszlopy's book "Public Sculpture of Birmingham" so it is a bit of a mystery.
  2. Pro Civitate

Unveiling of the Edward VII statue in Centenary Square by HRH The Prince of Wales

The restored statue will be unveiled by HRH The Prince of Wales on 22nd December. See: https://www.victoriansociety.org.uk/news/historic-birmingham-statue-to-be-unveiled-by-the-prince-of-wales/ Please come along and watch this historic event.
  3. Pro Civitate

Unveiling of a Blue Plaque to Constance Naden

The Lord Mayor of Birmingham, as President of The Birmingham Civic Society, will unveil a Blue Plaque at 20 Charlotte Road, Edgbaston to commemorate the life and work of Constance Naden (buried at Key Hill Cemetery). The unveiling will take place on Monday 14th December at 1.00 pm. Be nice...
  4. Pro Civitate

Book: Birmingham's Victorian & Edwardian Architects

Birmingham’s Victorian & Edwardian Architects Book Launches 8 Year project comes to fruition On Saturday 26th September, the Birmingham & West Midlands Group of The Victorian Society launches it’s new book “Birmingham’s Victorian & Edwardian Architects” at a day symposium, to be held in the...
  5. Pro Civitate

Nelson Statue 200th Anniversary

You saw it here first! On 25th October 2009 Birmingham will be celebrating Trafalgar Day, but this year we will also be commemorating the 200th anniversary (to the day) of the unveiling of the first statue to Lord Nelson in the United Kingdom. To celebrate this special anniversary, St Paul's...
Back