• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Cox Street West - Balsall Heath

Hi ,many thanks for your reply .I haven’t seen a good photo of the house .Do you have one by any chance ? My great grandmother ,Jessie Sadler moved out during the war .My mother who stayed there a few on this is now 90 ,she was only 8 then .
  2. J

Cox Street West - Balsall Heath

Hi , My Great Grandma and Granddad lived at number 30 James and Jessie Sadler .Both had lived in Inge Street and worked at the Hippodrome .My Granddad ,their son was posted to India in the army and then joined the Calcutta police so he could marry my Grandma . They and my mother ,who was 8 and...
  3. J

Cox Street West, Dover Street, Roseberry Passage help pls

I am trying to compile a life history for my mothers 90 th .She spent time in 30,Cox’s Road West in 1939 ,19,Dover street 1946 and 13,greatRosberry Passage 1949 -55 my great grandparents lived in 29/36 and /39 Inge Street All these addresses have gone but I wondered if anyone has any old...
Back