• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Our childhood toys

Subbuteo soccer scouts the kilts gave them away.
  2. T

Our childhood toys

Had a Scalextric good job they came with crash barriers which was a blessing. Adjusting the contact brushes underneath then checking the track was connected in case it stopped working happy days.
  3. T

Our childhood toys

Had Mousetrap as you said looked great on TV but when assembled the cage part always fell down at the slightest touch. Anyone remember Waddingtons Table Soccer where the ball was a counter and the game was tiddlywinks with goals 1960s i remember.
  4. T

Our childhood toys

Also had a Subbuteo think gave it away as you grow up.
  5. T

Our childhood toys

Remember blow football and Magnetic football when you moved the players with a long handle with a magnet on the end. All about hand eye co-ordination. Rupert Annual with the magic painting page .
  6. T

Our childhood toys

Remember those horses looked great fun.
  7. T

Our childhood toys

Glad to hear that there are honest people about. Take care when out riding your horse.
  8. T

Our childhood toys

What one that rides a horse or a dodgy builder.
  9. T

Cambridge Inn, Cambridge Street

Birmingham City Council had a depot in Cambridge Street where the Lord Mayors car and fleet of vehicles were kept and maintained . And i am sure the chauffeurs were based.
  10. T

Birmingham Central Library 1974 - 2015

Just look at all of those beautiful window boxes and planters. Days when pride of how the city looked came first before cutbacks took over. Has happened all over the country sadly. Birmingham in years gone by had people who were extremely proud to work for the council but with cutbacks you can...
  11. T

Yardley Arms, Stechford

It is a good thing you can still have the memories facts and pictures thanks to these forums.
  12. T

Yardley Arms, Stechford

Great photo used to have the grounds around the back and a bigger car park on the corner if my memory serves me correct.
  13. T

Yardley Arms, Stechford

Shame used to have the odd pint in there. Sign of the times i suppose soon be houses or shops like every other old pub site.
  14. T

Wrestling at the Embassy Sportsdrome

Was it Kent Waltons ( high there grapple fans ) on ITV Saturday afternoon good old fashioned harmless fun . Forearm smash catapulting off the ropes watching the elderly ladies getting worked up.
  15. T

Happy birthday jukebox

Have a great birthday.
  16. T

Occupations That Have Faded Away

Going back some decades there. I have seen one or two ugly cab drivers over the years.
  17. T

Bless him just protecting the people he loved . Unconditional love with dogs.
  18. T

Was your dog okay afterwards great judge of character are dogs.
  19. T

We used to have a Provident Cheque book from the CO-OP. When you spent £30.00 you got a voucher worth 50p . Even remember moms Dividend number.
Back