• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Smith st..hockley

Thanks for answering. Was hoping the grocer was a george william morris. No harm, best of luck with your family history
  2. R

Smith st..hockley

Any chance the shop was owned by a morris?
  3. R

Smith Street 1914

Thank you all again, ill have to go check out the rates book.
  4. R

Smith Street 1914

Hello again. I got a responce from St. Chads and it looks good. No Godfather was named for Alfred though but the Godmother is Mary Mattews. After further searching I found that Mary Kate Edwards (kate edwards unett st 1901) married a Thomas Henry Matthews in 1902, found them on the 1911 census...
  5. R

Smith Street 1914

Thank you pjmburns, its oneill, if you look closely at the census the o is hidden within the n but they seem to spell it differently all the time
  6. R

Smith Street 1914

Thank you pjmburns, sounds like a complicated system to research.
  7. R

Smith Street 1914

Indeed she was, to a michael oneill.
  8. R

Smith Street 1914

Yes i have them on both irish census but unfortunitely that doesnt help me in regards to birmingham. Can somebody help me also in regards to addresses, are there several number ones on each road as certain number ones are in courts? Im asking not only in regards to smith street but also unett...
  9. R

Smith Street 1914

Yes i read about st marys, though pjmburns found a record for st chads which looks highly likely
  10. R

Smith Street 1914

Thanks to all for the answers and for turning the image. Was hoping for more from the birth cert (not sure what exactly) id say there is a high possibility they were moving from one house to another as i think they just landed in birmingham before the birth. Lyn they were in ireland in 1911 so...
  11. R

Smith Street 1914

Hello again everybody. Im hoping to get advice on english birth certs today. I received my grandfathers in the post and im just wondering if its a standard english birth cert. It says on it its a copy of an entry of birth and looks like a church registry. Is there some way for me to order a full...
  12. R

Smith Street School Hockley

Brilliant, thank you both for your help. That will narrow down what Schools I check, provided the records have survived.
  13. R

What in this post suggests its not catholic viv? Thank you for your help.
  14. R

Thats good as it was 106 years ago, hopefully ill have some luck with school records.
  15. R

Smith Street 1914

Thank you pjmburns, thank you again.
  16. R

Can anybody tell me if this was possibly a catholic school and if so are there any pupil records online?
  17. R

Smith Street 1914

That would be upsetting if we cant get it but fingers crossed its an error. Can you tell me pjmburns, was there a catholic school attached to saint chads in 1914? Thanks again for everything.
  18. R

Smith Street 1914

Thank you so much pjmburns, i see what you mean about the latin now haha, thats brilliant thank you.
Back