• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd

My grandfather worked for this company for 50 years. Mom and dad had a lamp standard with an engraved plaque which was presented to him but unfortunately I don't have it now. The company were wholesale suppliers of hairdressing items under their trademark "Ogee" which people may recognize. I...
  2. A

Castle Road School (Now Lightwoods Primary School)

I attended Castle Road School from 1948 to 54. In the morning I would get the bus from the Holly Bush to Warley Oden ( One penny ) and then walk up Wolverhamton Road to the school. I would walk home. I did this from age 6. I have only one photo which I have shown below. I am on the back row 4th...
Back