• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Old birmingham car dealer, evans and kitchen

I worked there Hurst Street for short period 1962. Recall ramp on right side of garage and mechanic draining oil into large retractable sump. I worked with him and let the ramp down onto it breaking it in two parts, oh dear did i get some stick. Lots of minis worked on bad oil leaks also 1100s...
  2. T

Pollitts Garage 20 Great Hampton St

My mum took me for interview and was given AZ and asked by secretary, small woman to find street in jewellery quarter, got the job. Can recall fetching sandwiches from cafe just down the road, Constitution Hill carrying billy can, bitter sweet times. I recall Scottish man Eddie Mc Graith, sold...
  3. T

Pollitts Garage 20 Great Hampton St

My is Tom Hames i worked at garage winter of 1962, white boiler suit and all. Cleaned office, rode bike through snow for parts A T Gittens, Lacouters and other places. Remember someone called Aubrey and the forman. Also new ford cortina in small body shop smashed up, we used to have our tea...
  4. T

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Yes Mike i remember it all great days remember you too Tom Hames
  5. T

Hi John your sitting next to me in photo still name all the team its me with the ball happy days 1a 1958 football team i remember you being good at woodwork i think get in touch only just joined
  6. T

Yes attnded 1958 to 1962 Tommy Hames football photo shows me with ball back row next to lovell should be Christopher Kiernan not name stated Bernard Flynn great days great school
  7. T

Yes i was at st micks 1958 left 1962 great days have a lot of great memories get in touch only just joined site few days ago Tom Hames
  8. T

Hi John tommy hames here fromt row with ball back row mot Bernard Flynn its Christopher Kiernan
  9. T

Hi my name isTommy Hames front row middle of photo with ball back row is not Bernard Flynn it is Christopher Kiernan happy days
  10. T

Hi there went st Michael's same time as your mom school not bombed still there apart of a college now wonderful times Tommy Hames if you want other info please reply
  11. T

Hi john do remember me Tommy Hames think you are in first year football team photo shot happy days
  12. T

Yes i attended 1958 to 1962 Tommy Hames last class 4a Dobbins
  13. T

Yes taught me 4a class left school Christmas 1962 Tommy Hames happy days
  14. T

Hi there my name is Tommy Hames captain of team front row 1st year correction to one name back row should be Christopher Kiernan not name stated all others correct except first name Tommy and surname should be Hames captain front row middle
Back