• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Handsworth Dairies

Is viera Westwood still alive as I remember her from the bakery and I remember David on a Saturday morning calling in for his Loaf of fresh bread
  2. A

Market Hall 1835 - 1963

My memory of the market was going down there on a Saturday with my mom for cockle and wilks from the fish monger and they was sold by the 1/2 or the quarter pint . And from there to the butcher for the Sunday jont and a 1/4 of scratchings to eat on the 3 mile walk home .
  3. A

Handsworth Dairies

Happy days the health and safety guys have a lot to answer to
  4. A

Handsworth Dairies

The white family consisted of Jack White chairman. David white m.d .Richard white director .John white over transport, and vera Westwood bakery. I worked in the bakery side for about 17 years as bakery manager when Arthur Williams retired. Some of the best days of my life
Back