• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. dmillward13

Ilmington road school, Weoley castle

Sorry to hear about your heart but at least it kept ticking for you into your 80's and hopefully will do for many years to come.
  2. dmillward13

Ken is 85 but left in his second year to go to Handsworth Tech. You must have been really fit to run to Stonehouse and back for lunch you should have entered for the Olympics lol.
  3. dmillward13

Hi Nipton, welcome to the site, I only found this a few days ago so we are both new. You must be a few years older than me but you might know my brother Ken who was at Ilmington in the mid 40's. I also remember the teachers you mention and I was In Mr Jennings class in the science room for my...
  4. dmillward13

Hi Paul, yes I did Know Colin Cave, he is the same age as me (76) and he was in my class at Princethorpe and I think that might be him top row first on the left in the school photo I posted. I think he lived in Quarry Road a few doors from the school gates. Not sure about Mick Whitehouse but the...
  5. dmillward13

Princethorpe Road School Weoley Castle

Hi Paul, yes I did Know Colin Cave, he is the same age as me (76) and he was in my class at Princethorpe and I think that might be him top row first on the left in the school photo I posted. I think he lived in Quarry Road a few doors from the school gates. Not sure about Mick Whitehouse but the...
  6. dmillward13

Hi Trudie, I only just found this site a few days ago and I do remember your Dad but he was a few years older than me so don't remember much about him. However I spoke to my sister on the phone yesterday and she remembers him quite well as she is 3 years older than me and she said that he was...
  7. dmillward13

Thanks for that Paul, very interesting, I remember the Offie and me and my friend Peter Sutton went there 2 or 3 times a week to get 2 pints of draft mild beer for his Dad. I never really knew old Barnfield much but he was always polite if you met him out walking, he would tip his hat and say...
  8. dmillward13

Thanks for that Paul, very interesting, I remember the Offie and me and my friend Peter Sutton went there 2 or 3 times a week to get 2 pints of draft mild beer for his Dad. I never really knew old Barnfield much but he was always polite if you met him out walking, he would tip his hat and say...
  9. dmillward13

Sorry about the double post I didn't think the first one was accepted as I'm new to this.
  10. dmillward13

Sorry about the double post I didn't think the first one was accepted as I'm new to this.
  11. dmillward13

Hi folks, just thought I'd mention that before I went to Ilmington, my first school was Princethorpe Road Junior and Infants and I have many fond memories of my time there and I'm sure that many of you do too. I'm uploading a couple of photos taken at Princethorpe, the first one is a group photo...
  12. dmillward13

Hi folks, just thought I'd mention that before I went to Ilmington, my first school was Princethorpe Road Junior and Infants and I have many fond memories of my time there and I'm sure that many of you do too. I'm uploading a couple of photos taken at Princethorpe, the first one is a group photo...
  13. dmillward13

Hi folks, just thought I'd mention that as well as being a pupil at Ilmington, my first school was Princethorpe Road Junior and Infants from 1949 to 1955 and I have many fond memories of that school as it was a much nicer place than Ilmo. I'm uploading a couple of photos taken at Princthorpe...
  14. dmillward13

Hi folks, just thought I'd mention that as well as being a pupil at Ilmington, my first school was Princethorpe Road Junior and Infants from 1949 to 1955 and I have many fond memories of that school as it was a much nicer place than Ilmo. I'm uploading a couple of photos taken at Princthorpe...
  15. dmillward13

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply, it's great to know that people are still watching this thread, I've only just found this a few days ago so I will be posting some memories in the near future. I remember old Barnfield, he was quite a boozer and I seen him a couple of times in the Castle pub, he...
  16. dmillward13

Hi folks, I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but I went to Ilmington Rd school from 1955 to 1959 and our house backed on to the boys playground so if I was late for school, I could climb over the fence at the bottom of our garden and be in the playground so avoiding being...
Back