• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H

WalterThompson; Dance Band

That's wonderful thank you. I certainly recognise him! He told us that lots of photos were taken whilst he was playing but we have only got one. Heaven knows where to find others!!
  2. H

Thank you so much, I am very grateful to you both. I have signed up for a free trial so will scour through the articles :)
  3. H

Oh gosh! yes that sounds about right, any idea how I can view it?
  4. H

Thanks for that, no he never played the drums, only the piano. Sorry for late reply, don't often check for messages as I know it's a long shot, but I appreciate your message.
  5. H

Thank you Lyn that was very helpful, it can't be him then as he was born in 1909
  6. H

Thank you so much. Sorry I am new to the site and didn't reaslise I had posted it in the wrong place. I don't suppose you know what date this is from do you?
  7. H

HI, I'm looking for traces of my father's (Walter Thompson, also known as Wally Thomas) band around 50/60s. Unfortunately I don't have much to go on. I don't know what the band was called but they used to play in ballrooms in Birmingham and his Wife Rose used to Compete in ballroom dancing. My...
Back