• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Trying to find 35 Yates or Gates Ave, Birmingham.

Hi pjmburns, Thanks for the St James Street details, am I presuming this would be the Military Barracks and as you mention "they", do I presume it was accommodation for married couples and not just the soldiers. Best regards, Sue.
  2. S

Yes, thank you Ken, I do have them. I am presuming the 1881 Census street name is: New John Street (and not New Gate Street as I thought it first). The father's name is inscribed as STEVAN BEVANS, Head of household. Thanking you, Sue. ...
  3. S

Hi All, Many thanks to all who have replied, wonderful information and great maps! The explanation of Stephen Bevan not being in the 1901 & 1911 will come to light one day. Sue.
  4. S

Hi Lyn, OM & Astoness and others….. Many thanks for your contributions, map etc. In answer to your question, yes, Stephen was born in Birmingham and I have included a few more dates and details as they may help. 1886.Stephen Bevan was born September 1886 at 10 Court, 3 House, Allasley Street...
  5. S

Hi Lyn, That's fantastic, thank you so much. The family certainly did not move very far from around the Aston/ Nechells area so I am fairly sure they were there 1911. Perhaps he was in hiding as he can not be found in 1901 but I am sure he was there then as well. Perhaps he valued his privacy! Sue.
  6. S

Hi all, the 1912 marriage of Stephen Bevan and Beatrice Louisa Hodges is attached and gives their place of residence as 35 Yates or Gates Ave ( or Dr). As I cannot find this address I am presuming the Avenue no longer exists, can anybody assist me with this location now...
Back