• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Lea Village Boys Secondary Modern School

Hi there. I remember the Proctors. David, Derek, Roy and their sister who's name I can't recall. The last time I saw Derek was when I worked at Land Rover, quite a few years back now. My brother Graham new your dad more than I did. Does Derek still live at Glebe Farm ? Last time saw Roy was...
  2. B

I remember Mr Bowling, he was the art teacher, he was a lovely man. I remember the head master Mr Birch, I also remember the book cupboard in one of the classrooms having a huge hole in it. We were told the teacher who’s name I can’t remember, had shoved a pupils head through it. We were...
  3. B

Tastes Of The Past

My mom used to send me to Carmichael's at the Glebe with a crock bowl. They sold Faggots and Pea's. They were the best i've ever tasted. I remember me and my mate Tony Corrall saving our pocket money, just so we could have two faggots each. i think they where about 6d in old money. I would love...
  4. B

Hi there. I used to go to lea Village Secondary School. I was in the photo. The Teacher was Mr Archer, he taught music. I remember finding his phone number and singing down the phone to him. He hadn't a got clue who it was. I don't think there was a week go by when i didn't get the cane, mainly...
Back