• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Post Office Tower

Thanks for that, I hope to visit later in the year to take some shots.
  2. M

Post Office Tower

Nice detail in your views. If the Peregrines had been perched in view you would have seen them well enough from there (typically they are often perched on an opposite side to the ones which you are viewing... … ) Is the viewing platform open to the public then and can you use a tripod there do...
  3. M

Post Office Tower

I'm new to this forum and have been enjoying having a look round and particularly finding old photographs of parts of Birmingham I am familiar with. Also especially enjoying photos showing the variety of makes of cars I remember from my youth - many of which are more distinctive and memorable...
  4. M

Does anyone recognise this shopping centre photo?

Before I had established the location I had also e-mailed Haynes Furnishers (formerly Trent Furnishing) and subsequently I had a response from their director Peter Haynes, to say that the store was his father's from 1967-1983 but since had indeed been demolished. He also said that he thought...
  5. M

Here's the clearest image I found best showing the sculpture in full - although a better resolution version of the same which I found was "protected" with a large watermark that spoiled the picture, presumably aimed to preserve some copyright … … … … …
  6. M

Yes you are all correct that it is The Bargate Centre in Burton On Trent, I did a search following Mikejee's helpful response and found the above photos also a few other photos confirming the location, which I gather has long since been redeveloped. I'm just sorry that it turned out to be a...
  7. M

Many thanks for that Mike, I was hoping that perhaps someone would know where they had shops, which might then narrow down where to look. Warwickshire I think is most likely location as we sometimes had trips to the Stratford Upon Avon area. When nothing came up for the company name on an...
  8. M

This photo was taken on a family outing August 1973 but I do not recall the location, I think was south of Birmingham (although someone suggested possibly Perry Barr) I would love for someone to recognise where it was taken - to put my mind at rest! The only clues really are the Trent...
Back