• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Tony B

Ansells Brewery

Hi Covroad... The Raven pub hasn't changed... Still pop in for a pint , when I am in the area.. The pub gardens at the rear are right next to the River Cole.... Many memories drinking in the Bar , Lounge, and the ' the big room on the side ' It is one of the last of the biggest pubs with...
  2. Tony B

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

Merry Christmas to everyone
  3. Tony B

Help to ID the location of a photo of Prince George Inn

What a great picture.... but I am so bewildered by how clean the streets are !
  4. Tony B

Queen Elizabeth II has died

What a icon for the world... Our devoted queen will be sorely missed... God bless the Queen... R.I.P.
  5. Tony B

No birds in my garden....

Hi Tom... Yes ... I still see a variety of the larger birds... but the Robin's and blue tits and wrens are non existent.... It may be a abundance of food, berries, etc.... I have lived here for 20 years and never known it be so quiet... no morning chorus... It's a little bit concerning...
  6. Tony B

No birds in my garden....

No small birds in the garden.... Is it me or have they migrated.. There have been no sparrows , black birds in my garden for weeks... On reflection , I thought it was the severe hot weather... but now it's been a lot cooler and still no sign !
  7. Tony B

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

Sorry late getting back to you.... Yes... that's case...
  8. Tony B

Kingstanding

Hi Alwin... Yes I do remember the Casey's... David was in my class at Twickenham School... Also the family Twells ( Roderick) if you have time , check out my earlier posts on the school football team....
  9. Tony B

William Cowper Street School

Wow ! Brings back many fond memories, especially those kids in the playground.... Wow ! Where did those high rise flats appear from ? We lived opposite the school at number 58 and left in 1966... So the person taken the photo would be standing on site of the flattened houses.... I bet the...
  10. Tony B

Kingstanding

Hi... Just read your post on Finchley Park... It brought back great memories... We lived on Twickenham road and our garden backed on to the park... Just a small chestnut fence that separated us from the park , so we were frequent visitors , especially in the summer months... ps.. that witches...
  11. Tony B

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

I have frequented the Oak many times over the past 35 years.... Always , having a few beers before the match... It is mainly used for away fans now , as it is the nearest pub now to the Hawthorns....
  12. Tony B

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

Just read the sad news of Maurice.... He will be sadly missed by all the BHF gang.... Sincere condolences to his wife and family.... Rest In Peace Aston Lad.....
  13. Tony B

In the garden 2022

Hi... We usually get the odd pheasant looking for food in our garden.. but last year we spotted a white pheasant feeding on the dropped seeds from the bird feeder.... A beautiful bird , but with no natural camouflage , surely will not last long with the predators out there ....
  14. Tony B

Erdington Fire Station

Hi lawman... I had the honourable pleasure to share a few pints of bitter with Tom.... on many occasions... He use to fascinate me with many stories about his service in the fire brigade.... Tom was a true well respected gentleman with a great sense of humour.... I never knew his name was...
  15. Tony B

Erdington Fire Station

Hi lawman.... I had the great pleasure to share
  16. Tony B

Albert Road Aston

My late father in law was the caretaker there back in 1976.. The caretaker's house was next to the clinic , me and my wife stayed there many times. Victorian rooms with no double glazing, no central heating, Open fires only , lit with the coal taken from the school's boiler house . There is...
  17. Tony B

Pubs Of The Past

Hi.. it is a travesty what happens to all the artefacts what was in these old pubs..grade listing wasn't around then to save things like leaded Windows , etc. ... How ever I managed to acquire 2 wall lamps from the Duncan Edwards pub in Dudley back in the 80s. .... Brass and lallic glass lamps...
Back