• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Lionel Street

Great map here, it helps tremendously.,I have a relative listed as living on Court 15 in 1888, William Mills, he married twice, jessie Docker with whom he had a son who possibly died in child birth and then Kate,(Catherine Molloy), I have no other information other than he worked at a brass...
  2. K

Cromwell Street

Has anyone any knowledge of sewing factories in this area of Cromwell street where distant relatives, the Seville's once lived, they worked in the factory and lived behind it.The back of 228.
  3. K

Cromwell Street

my family were Edges in the area, but theres lot of them about.!
  4. K

Legge Street

How kind of you to reply, this helps , thank you
  5. K

Legge Street

very kind of you to reply, many thanks, if you ever find out the book title I would love to know, many thanks again. Kate
  6. K

Legge Street

How can I view this please?
  7. K

Legge Street

do let me know, I would love to see some
  8. K

Legge Street

This is a fabulous photograph, I have discovered that my family lived in Legge street, the names were Hammond,Toole and Arkinstall, they lived at No 6 in court 3 and No 8 respectively. Any more pictures or any one have details of these names on their tree would be amazing. Please !!
  9. K

Chamberlin/Chamberlain & Hookham

what is the building now ?or has it been demolished.
  10. K

A Birmingham Christmas Wish List

I went to see the Tolkein film today and they take tea regularly in Barrows, ahhhh I wish.
  11. K

A Birmingham Christmas Wish List

I will come with you to see Snow Hill, when it first opened,,
Back