• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Broughton

I have followed the tree to the Kimcoat area, it seems that they were involved in the stocking trade in one way or another from needle making to running the knitting machines. beleive that there was come rioting which I am trying to get to the bottom of. There was one of the history programmes...
  2. C

Broughton

Hi, I really do appreciate this information. I have literally spent monthg going around in circles trying to work out who is who. My main problem had been that they have a limited number of names and are using them to the max. It is amazing how many Alfred, Georges and Johns can be produced in...
  3. C

Broughton

Hi Sorry for the late response, we are nailing this house back together. You are correct about George being married to Sarah Gee, her maiden name was Proben and her father was making guns.
  4. C

My Fathers Home

I have had the same problem whilst doing my Broughton family, I am 99% sure it is St Georges St, and would be happy to put this in mine. I would not be surprised to find one of mine on that page. I have looked at a 1921 map of the area and there is nothing else that looks like it. Why are you...
  5. C

london prentice street

I have traced one of my relatives, Robert Broughton and his wife Elizabeth to this location. His occupation was a gun stocker.
  6. C

Berners Street, Lozells

Hi, Thank you for your swift response, I think the penny has just dropped. Both the mother (widowed). and daughter were both called Sarah. What I now need to establish is was Mary Allen her sister, sister-in-law or mother. I am looking at the 1881 census and Sarah Broughton is listed as head of...
  7. C

Broughton

Hi, I am fairly new to this outside of Ancestry. I am hoping that there are more of my extended family still out there. My G-Grandfather was George Broughton, his wife was Sarah Probin, and is on record as living at Berners Street (#7). Associated names are Gee, Allen and Leonard. It appears...
  8. C

Berners Street, Lozells

I do not know if anyone can help me, I do hope so. In 1881, my Gt Grandfather, George Broughton, and his family lived at 7 Berners Street. I know nothing about my extended family and would love to find anyone out there related. His Mother was Mary Allen, whom I have noticed in some of the...
  9. C

Geach Street

10. C

Geach Street

Are you on Ancestry? If not, let me know and I will put out a shout for you on there.
  11. C

Washers Building??

OOps, sorry, Farm Street. I am not sure if this is a street, district or town in its own right. From what I can gather all this area got swallowed up by Birmiingham
  12. C

Desperate To Find Florence Broughton 1937

Hi, I am also a Broughton, and unless I am very much mistaken, you and I are related. This means, as taught by my beloved Dad, I am obliged to help one of my own if I can. I am afraid that it is difficult to find common graves as they were given little respect. I am actually still having the...
  13. C

Washers Building??

This address was associated to the 1851 census and I am not sure if I have misread it. know if this address actually existed please? I am a descendant of this branch of the Broughton family and am having a mare trying to put the pieces together as every member of the family named their children...
  14. C

Geach Street

Hi, If I grovvell nicely, is there any way that I could quire one? My family have been traced to there in the 1871 census. Pretty please?? If I can help any one out in the Broughton department and extended family, please do not hesitate to contact me, I would love to hear from you.
Back