• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. E

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Hi Harriett, The Woodman in Albert Street is still trading, this is by Curzon Street Station and over the road from the Tink Tank Museum. There was another Woodman Pub on Easy Row by the Town Hall - which was demolished 60's or 70's for road widening.
  2. E

Reilly Claire

Hi MWS - that is all the information i have - so does that mean she was not employed by them on the 1912 census and that she was still unemployed, when the census was done. I am doing this for a friend and that all she has - i have tried looking, but not finding anything.
  3. E

Reilly Claire

Hi I'm having trouble understanding what this occupation information means on the 1921 census. the person worked at Jays & Co Whole Wool Merchant in Cornwall Street Birmingham as a Shorthand Typist is there possibility that some one could find out, what sort of Business this is and any...
  4. E

Royal George Tavern, Park Street/Digbeth

Many thanks for your help Vivienne
  5. E

Thank you - do you know what happened to the ship from the Royal George
  6. E

Hi everyone, I have been reading this page with interest, the music hall, i thought the name was called Coutts Music Hall & Theatre, and the Royal George have always known by this name. I wonder if anybody can help, I am interested to know, what happened the the big Metal Ship on the building...
Back