• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Allens rd, Winston green

hi all has anyone seen any old photos of Allen's rd in Winston green. I'm looking especially for no 32 . (1940-1970) Many thanks in advance.
  2. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Royal Military Police RMP

Hello Thank you so very much for your response and for taking the time to reply. Gosh your father was stationed in a lit of places.
  3. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Aston Churches Near Lord Street And Schools Near Frankfort Street

Dear Sir Thank you so very much for sale your help, just looking back today and you have been an amazing help. My post came across as being rather rude when I reread them. Thank you again.
  4. inverness ON 2018-03-31

You know I'm wondering what was the training like and what was the job description, The army I understand You do your training You go which ever place and either fight or attempt to keep the piece But if uour stationed in uk back then, I'm unclear what they would be doing
  5. inverness ON 2018-03-31

I certainly do, but as I m not in the service, there's a lot of jargon that I can't understand I'm Aware that somewhere He was called up but no idea where, he lived in Aston at the time and was a reserve first, he did some duty in Wales as he appears to be stationed as having married and...
  6. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Rolph A J

Hi Do you recall what the wages was like, working conditions Would there have been staff photos kept and now online somewhere? Did it welcome ex service men? Finally was there a train station near by?
  7. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Rolph A J

Many thanks for your reply
  8. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Hi all Quick ask, anyone know anything about the royal miltery police 1940s Particularly interested in information of callups in birmingham, I'm aware of them being stationed in Wales, would ir be normal for service to be on home grounds?
  9. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Tucker Eyelets

It won’t let me add photos, sorry
  10. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Tucker Eyelets

Hi all, This is about my dad who was working at tucker eyeletts back in the 60s As a tool room hardener he was happy chap well before the war anyways, a Short chap , in his late forties, rode a motorcycle. It appears that a member here called I think astonia ? Worked there in 1964
  11. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Rolph A J

HI Ya Alberta Thank you for that , i do have that information , i guess i just hoped someone might be left with some memories of him as i never knew him, still trying to find out what a tool room hardener is and what his house looked like in allens rd, frontage wise many thanks
  12. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Rolph A J

Hi again So this is another post without any success im guessing A j rolph worked at tucker fasteners from 1940 untill 1968, he lived at allens Rd, winston green Worked with and knew Vera fitszpatrick and tommy both dead now Surley someone who worked for a company for nearly 30 years must be...
  13. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Tucker Eyelets

Hi anyone with information about tucker fasteners football club say 1940s onwards again this is pertaining the chap in the overcoat standing 9n the right of the picture
  14. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Hi there I think it would be Christian denominations Thank you
  15. inverness ON 2018-03-31

J A rolph

Hi I’m looking for information about Arthur Rolph Who worked at tucker fasteners in the 1960s As a tool room harder Any information / photos appreciated ;)
  16. inverness ON 2018-03-31

I DONT COME FROM THE AREA SO TO MEET IT IS NEAR / or in ASTON/DUDDERSTON I AM LOOKING FOR CHURCHES THAT WOULD HAVE BAPTIZED IN 1914 AND SCHOOLS NEAR FRANKFORT STREET AND QUITE POSSIBLY LORD STREET WHERE YOUNG PEOPLE MAY HAVE ATTENDED IN 1920 This is all i need to know thank you if there...
  17. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Tucker Eyelets

Hello can anyone advise i am looking for answers to the questions below only father worked as a tool room hardener at tucker eyelets from 1940s until 1968 , i would like to know A) what the job actually entailed B) hours of daily working / was it shift patterns / wk end working C) what...
  18. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Churches Near Lord Street Aston 1914

Good afternoon Can anyone please advise on what churches for baptism's was near lord street and frankford street in Aston in 1914 I need names please and also nearest schools to theses roads Kind Regards :)
  19. inverness ON 2018-03-31

Tucker Eyelets

Good afternoon can anyone help please my father worked at tuckers possibly from late 1940 until 1968 at that point he would have been in his 50's he worked as a tool room hardener and what I want to know is this A) what the job entailed ? B) what the hours was/ shift patterns/ wk end working...
Back