• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Park Road Hockley

Thanks,i mean't Mr Jefferson the greengrocer .we always said we were going to jeffs meaning the shop.Cheers Ken
  2. K

Park Road Hockley

I pushed them as well---never got anything !--ken
  3. K

Park Road Hockley

i lived in that shop ! 1945-1957.(hope its ok to reply to earlier items)
  4. K

Park Road Hockley

Yes he did.----cheers Ken
  5. K

Park Road Hockley

Roger lived at 254.After we left school only saw him a few times.Please see comments elswhere about bike and spor Do i know you? I am Ken from across the road in paper shop .did you know D.erek wardle or Lauraine Heath .?What was the name of lad that helped Mr Jeff ? (hope you can help) Regards...
  6. K

Park Road Hockley

No,it was Wilkes the paper shop corner of park road and wharf lane.After school i served in the shop and also did a paper round.Regards Ken
  7. K

Park Road Hockley

a motor cycle about 1963 then in 1967 he had a triumph tr4a sports car.First time i did over the ton in a car.! last time i saw him.Didn't he emigrate to Australia?.regards Ken
  8. K

Park Road Hockley

other names i have thought of.--CLEWES,WARBOYS,RICHARDSON SUMMERS,MOODY.MRS HODNIT WHO LIVED IN WHARF ST.SHEILA RICHARDSON WHO WAS MY SISTER JANETS PAL LIVED IN WHARF LANE.MR AND MRS COLLIS WHO LIVED IN WHARF ST. JEAN HAYWARD WHO WORKED IN THE SHOP FOR A WHILE AND LIVED IN PARK ROAD TOWARDS THE...
  9. K

Park Road Hockley

The phone box was added 1956-7 and stayed i think..but remember i am getting old and memory not as it was
  10. K

Park Road Hockley

Hello ex Park roaders.Ihave just joined.i lived at 236 the paper shop.I was a paperboy for a couple of years.1958-60.i have sadly learnt that Keith Bird has passed.Ialso remember--Derek Wardle ,Roger adams Kenneth Moore and his brother. I also remember lorraine Heath.(ihad a crush on her !) If...
Back