• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. susiemoon

School Dinners

I was a milk monitor at Canterbury Cross Secondary and I never done that…. I did not like milk and still dont.
  2. susiemoon

School Dinners

Oh yes and nothing could come close…. My favourite even now…..
  3. susiemoon

Susan Dudley nee Chapman

Born 1969 married Michael Dudley 1981 Sister Sandra Also.
  4. susiemoon

Do We Still Have Convalscent Homes?

Thank you all, My great,great,great grandfather was a patient there for two years. 1923/1924…. Thats all i know really and he was not in the 1st world war….
  5. susiemoon

Do We Still Have Convalscent Homes?

I am trying to trace convalescent home from 1920s called Princess Mary centre. Rednal. If anyone has any kind of information I would very grateful
  6. susiemoon

Cromwell Street

my grandparents lived in Cromwell Street..... about that time. The Chapmans do know if they were known to you
  7. susiemoon

Top rank suite night club

How could i forget the Top Rank...... and the pub the Hole in the Wall just up the road. The first time i went to the Top Rank was on the eve of my 21st. I was a regular at the Rum Runner, The Locarno and Barberells. What a clubber i was..... Not now though
  8. susiemoon

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

I gave birth to my children in Sorrento in the early 80s. I was very sorry to hear that it had closed down. They had the best itu unit in the country for sick babies. They saved my son who had complications.
  9. susiemoon

Chaplin Eliza

I am have trouble with the names Eliza and Lizzie...are they the name person ???
  10. susiemoon

Chaplin Eliza

It was Bertram Chaplin......:P
  11. susiemoon

Chaplin Eliza

HOUSEHOLD CHAPLIN ELIZA F 1878 33 Aston Warwickshire I am looking for her registration of death. She was murdered by her husband in about 1954. If someone could help i would be very grateful
  12. susiemoon

Victoria Road Aston

My Grandparents lived in 404 too. I do not know if they required the house after the incident or was already living there. I also lived there for many years with them until they both died. I used to sit on the front step alot. Susie
  13. susiemoon

Victoria Road Aston

Hi Thanks for the info. His name was Bertram Chaplin. Please send me a message with all the details you can remember PLEASE. Regards
  14. susiemoon

Shops in Victoria Road, Aston

Wow....all this is bring back so much. The paper shop was run by Mr Walsh and he had a daughter call Cheri.
  15. susiemoon

Victoria Road Aston

Maybe someone can recall this story. My great grandfather was sent to Broadmoor for the murder of his wife at 404 Victoria Road, in the 40s. I do not remember very much about the details it was kept from us, i used to visit him once a month. I was only about 6 at the time. I would love to find...
  16. susiemoon

Shops in Victoria Road, Aston

Do any of you remember Blakemens Corner shop and Ali's Indian shop Also the name of the Bakery next door to the fish and chips shop just before you get to the police station.
  17. susiemoon

Coal Yard - Victoria Road

Thank you... it brings back so many memories just looking at that photo.
  18. susiemoon

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Yes that was one of my old haunts.....
  19. susiemoon

aston cross

So did i. Do you remember Miss Beer in the main school ???
  20. susiemoon

Coal Yard - Victoria Road

The coal Yard.... Little me pushing a barrow up Victoria Road.... I am sure it was Ilsleys or something like that.
Back