• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. mbenne

Boxing Day 1964

A little late but still topical, I hope. Always had a family get together at my grandparents', Gospel Lane, the day after Christmas. Being an only child it was a chance to meet up with my cousins - they lived quite a way away so I only used to see them at Easter, on summer holidays and Xmas...
  2. mbenne

Keeping Warm

With gas and electricity prices escalating, like everyone else, we've been economising. The central heating goes on for an hour or two in the evening, heating two rooms only. We have a wall mounted tv in the bedroom so we tend to go to bed earlier now with the electric blanket on to watch...
  3. mbenne

Pet Fostering

We lost our cat, Biskit, recently. Had him for 15 years and it has left a large hole in our lives, and our daily routine - satisfying his bottomless appetite, hot water bottles on winter nights - even though he slept in the house, opening and closing doors to let him in and out on request- quite...
Back