• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Group photos

I was that girl Gillian Mann. I loved my time at Brownmead. My younger brother Jeff was also a pupil there. I remember him being brought before Mr. Kitchener for doing something wrong and me running out of the class absolutely mortified that my brother was about to be punished. Oh the shame...
  2. G

Rip Jeff Mann

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to inform the members, that my brother, Jeff Mann has died. He died suddenly on December 9th 2022 at the age of 69. A complete shock to us all. Live your lives to the full. No one knows what is round the corner. Regards to all from his big sis Gill.
  3. G

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Does anyone remember a crisp factory on the corner of Erskine Street and Inkerman Street opposite the Midland pub? There was also a cafe on the corner of Erskine Street and Dolman Street. My lovely mother-in law Edie Hill used to give my husband Brian 9d to go in the circle at The Gaiety...
  4. G

Group photos

Wondered if anyone out there remembers this. It's the Christmas panto at Brownmead Primary School in Shard End. It was 1961. Puss in Boots. I (Gillian Mann) was "Puss", Susan Burke, Linda Daniels were the ladies in waiting, Richard Downes was the king, Julie Southwell was the princess and...
  5. G

Pitmaston Road School, Hall Green

I was amazed to see this photo and the one below. I have a similar photo of The Pitmaston May Festival 1934. My aunt is the little girl on the back row on the right and my late father, Louis Mann is the boy below the girl top left.
  6. G

Smith's Coaches Stratford Road

My father in law Jack Hill, behind the gentleman on front right. He drove for Smith's from 1947 to 1961. Jack received a watch for 10 years service in 1957. My husband inherited it and it still works.
Back