• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Dorridge

2. B

Haseley Hall

My wife left in '67 or'68. Her best friend Lyn who I'm still in touch with left in '69. My sister in law Marrian worked there until '73. So you would probably have known them.
  3. B

Haseley Hall

Haseley Hall 1966
  4. B

Haseley Hall

My wife was there in the early '60s as an auxiliary. The police did investigate a rumour but after a thorough search of the grounds they found nothing. My wife loved working with the children there. I have a few old photos from her time there. I have some of her with some of her with a few of...
  5. B

Dorridge

Actually Poplar road Solihull.
  6. B

Brickworks

My Uncles name was Houghton we always pronounced it Howton.
  7. B

Brickworks

There were actually two works at Stonebridge. The old Bridge works and Jackson's. I worked at Jackson's in the late 60s and early 70s. I learnt every job on the yard. Sanding, Castleing,Drawing,Setting ect and ended up operating the wet pan temperer in the mill. I also helped demolish the drying...
  8. B

Haseley Hall

My wife worked at Hasely hall in the early 60's as an auxilary
  9. B

winson green prison

Hi Ernest Harding was my Uncle. I dont know if you will see this,your post is over a year old. would love to get in touch.
Back