• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

What regiment was my father-in-Law in.

We. have recently obtained my father-in-Laws army service records. I have looked over them and although there appears to be a lot of information, i cant seem to find out what regiment he was in. From what i understand he left the army then re-joined. His numbers were T180446. no 11 centre . ARO...
  2. A

Raglan Road Handsworth

I have recently been to visit Raglan Road Handsworth. My mother in Law was born at number 3. in 1918. I was wondering if these houses are the original ones from that date, would anyone know. It would be great to take some pictures to show my mother in Law, she has dementia it may with her memory...
  3. A

Army service medals

Many thanks for giving me this web site. I will give them a try
  4. A

Typhoo Tea Bordesley Street Digbeth

Re: Birmingham typhoon tea makers of bordesly street digbeth I worked there in the Teabag room during the early 70s. packing the boxes. That's where i met my hubby he worked in the blend. We would meet up every morning in the canteen, have a chat then he finally plucked up the courage to ask...
  5. A

Army service medals

During his army career, my Father-in-Law was awarded 8 medals... 1913/45 Star, Africa Star, 8th Army Clasp, Italy Star, Defence Medal, War Medal, Korea Medal and UN Korea Medal. Unfortunately he did what a lot of men did on their return to civvy street. The medals were pawned and never...
  6. A

Finding the Downing family

I have recently re-joined the BHF. i have been looking through some of my old posts. I put one on about finding my husbands family . His father was dennis ( Dinky) Downing. Dennis had brothers who all had nicknames. Cocker , Popeye and Rolo. Unfortunately i was on holiday when i received an...
Back