• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

00:50 try'd to log in it was that slow to get this far was very slow i had to shut down in the end it was un workable sorry

Speed seems fine, it was a bit slow just after the crash but back to normal as far as I can tell.

Quicker for me this morning. My screen back to 100% size with everything functioning.

There doesn't appear to be any problems for me - speed, layout etc (as far as I can tell as only just logged on).

There is still 1 issue though, and that is when i click on my profile - "content" there no posts/replies showing after 2022, but I know I have posted since then.

William.

There doesn't appear to be any problems for me - speed, layout etc (as far as I can tell as only just logged on).

There is still 1 issue though, and that is when i click on my profile - "content" there no posts/replies showing after 2022, but I know I have posted since then.

William.
Regards ' Content' I'm the same. Apart from a couple of posts made in the last few days it looks like I haven't posted since Feb 2023 when I know I definitely have.

question for warren regarding the loss of viewing some of our content (posts made)...does this mean that it is just the list of content that has disappeared or have posts been lost from the threads they were posted on ?

thanks

Last edited:
Just checked "my content" - gap with missing posts from 9 Nov (Lyn's birthday) until last Sunday.
Looked for Christmas 2023 thread and can't find it.
Does this mean threads created then have vanished?

As far as I can work out they're still there. I've been doing a Google search for most of mine as my list is depleted. These were the results of a Google search for "Christmas 2023 Birmingham History Forum". It's actually very quick and easy doing it this way. Well at least as a temporary fix to the problem.

Once you've answered a thread, it populates your content list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_165655_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_165655_Google.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
must be sys hidden

Thank you Warren, I hope you are feeling better now. Your hard work is much appreciated.
It seems to be working OK for me except the content but I don't use that function much anyway!
rosie.

Hi Warren.
How is the move going? Notice we are still up and down so wondering whether to leave postings until things are complete. Thanks

Part one is done, the site is now on new drives.

The move to the new server is still ongoing as I’m waiting for the for right one to become available but things should be much better for now until that happens
Things, systems seem very good today (in the US), thank you!

Back