• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

I have talked about my front garden before - just to remind you it is the width of the front window but only about 2ft deep. Last week I got up 8 buckets of leaves - blown from the trees opposite. I found lots of bulb shoots but very yellow as they had seen no light. Today I ventured out to plant a couple of primroses and found the crocuses now had green leaves but were a mass of purple flowers as well. So here we are:
crocus.jpg
primrose.jpg

Hi everyone, great pics. Gardening is non existent for me atm! Just too cold, or in the mild spells I've been doing other things. Some tulips are out. I'm so looking forward to the better weather. Jan that's annoying about the leaves.

I have talked about my front garden before - just to remind you it is the width of the front window but only about 2ft deep. Last week I got up 8 buckets of leaves - blown from the trees opposite. I found lots of bulb shoots but very yellow as they had seen no light. Today I ventured out to plant a couple of primroses and found the crocuses now had green leaves but were a mass of purple flowers as well. So here we are:
View attachment 189111
View attachment 189112
Nature is miraculous!

View attachment 189111
View attachment 189112
i live by a wood and there are loads of leaves blow on my grass when the grass drys i drive around on me sports car (RIDE ON) collecting them

Are they English style though Richard? Finely sliced white bread with the cucumber thinly sliced enough to be able to read a newspaper through and served mid afternoon with English tea. You should be correctly attired for the occasion.
Absolutely Alan! We buy those cucumbers 3 at a time for sandwiches and sometimes in malt vinegar as a side. We also drink a lot of tea my wife is a really big tea drinker. We installed an "instant hot water" heater to heat up to two cups of water so that she can get her tea quickly :) . Actually, we understand that the instant heater is more environmentally friendly than the kettle.

Hi
Would anyone know how i could attach pot plants to this fence please., without drilling or damaging the wood. Someone mentioned fence clips but I don't know what they are or where to get them.

There are some marvellous photos on this forum.20240301_133919.jpg

Back