• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ward -Frederick and Emma (nee Fleet)

Not great writing, Frederick's father occupation appears to be carpenter maybe. And address for both Frederick and Emma appears to be same, so possibly an address of convenience.
yes mark carpenter it is...emmas joseph dad is a shoe maker..add is difficult at first i thought it said formans road but not sure

They lived at 23 6 Court Watery Lane, Bordesley the year after marriage in 1881 census if that possible matches?

Don't think there's anyway to tell unless you pay the £1.50.

Closest relatives (unless I missed something) would be cousins - 2 daughters of Mabel, 6 children of Bertha, ? children of Daisy, any children of Frederick or Ethel and cousins from his father's side. So potentially quite a few.

Names leading to Frederick or Ethel would be good but probably unlikely.
It says "administration" which I think means there was no will. If there is a will then I think the word "probate" would appear.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Thanks, I've never noticed that before.
I only realised last week when I sent for, as I thought, 2 wills, - when I got them one was a letter of admnistration (very revealing ) but no will. when I clicked to download the will I got this entry. When I checked it did just say "administration".
1694356717805.png
For the second I did get a Will as well as letters of probate. So I checked and that did say probate.

Not really relevant but Denis's father appears to have had 5 brother and a sister. And it seems 1 brother died young, 1 brother and the sister didn't marry and 1 brother married but had no children. The other 2 brothers did marry and have children (9 in total), so cousins on both sides.

Hi,
I apologise for the delay, I was waiting for an email to say the Will was ready but didn't receive one. I logged on and found it in my account.
The inheritance was left to a member of his fathers side (Salter) who has since passed away.

Hello,
I am looking for descendants of Frederick and Emma Ward circa 1860
Their children were Albert, Arthur, Ernest, Frederick, Bertha, Daisy, Emma, Ethel, Lily, Mabel
They lived in Aston, Bordesley and Harbourne.
I'm struggling to find much info on most of them.

Thanks,
Clare
Hello Clare. My Granduncle, Wilson George Meddings b.1887. Married Mabel L Ward b.19-12-1893 ( parents Frederick & Emma) in 1918 at West Bromwich. They had two children, Desiree b.1920 & Honore b.1922 .

Back