• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Burnett family. looking for David Burnett born 1950 Smethwick, Father Morris Burnett. David could be the last Burnett before the line dies out.

bombed out brummie

master brummie
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a David Burnett born in 1950 in the Smethwick/Bearwood area, He has a sister Barbara, their fathers name Morris Burnett, Morris was my cousin. David could be the last in the line of Burnett's before our line runs out. It would be good to make contact before it does.

Sadly it's possible that David (Alan?) died in 2016, reg. Dudley. Can't be certain but there are only 4 birth reg's for a David A Burnett 1949 - 1951 and the other 3 are all in the north.

He may have married twice but there doesn't appear to have been any children from either marriage.

as mws said there is this birth which you could confirm if assuming his mom was married had the maiden name of edwards ?

David A Burnett
Registration DateJan 1950[Feb 1950][Mar 1950]
Registration QuarterJan-Feb-Mar
Registration districtSmethwick
Inferred CountyStaffordshire
Mother's Maiden NameEdwards
Volume Number9b
Page number575

Last edited:
Thank you Janice, you are correct with your info, that is the same family. I am hoping to eventually make contact with David to see if there is any extension on his side of the family. Thank you for your time and trouble.

The first of those is unlikely as I think that David was born in 1940 but the second was born in 1950
1708446904800.png

Last edited:
Sadly it's possible that David (Alan?) died in 2016, reg. Dudley. Can't be certain but there are only 4 birth reg's for a David A Burnett 1949 - 1951 and the other 3 are all in the north.

He may have married twice but there doesn't appear to have been any children from either marriage.
Thank you for your info, I will try the probate record, but I am pretty sure that is the one I was looking for. Thanks for your time and trouble

Thank you for your reply. Yes he was married twice, and I have just found out he may well have died in 2016,, I am just about to send for the will from probate at Find a will, (I am already registered) but thank you for your time and trouble.

Back