• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bernard PARKER. A Mystery.

Davenport

master brummie
Im at a loss in trying to find this person and wonder if he appears in your family tree . Any tips in trying to locate him would also be very much appreciated. I cannot find either a birth or death certificate for him.
Born in Edgbaston Birmingham c.1911.His Mother was possibly Agnes May Parker and he could possibly be illegitimate.
As recorded in Birmingham newspapers he went missing from his Aunts house on 20 th.of November 1929.
He was respectfully dressed in a brown tweed suit and a dark grey overcoat. No record of him at all after this date.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 3C260051-E49C-4822-8FAC-BD80B20B3759.jpeg
    3C260051-E49C-4822-8FAC-BD80B20B3759.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 27
  • 55539862-EA81-43AC-855D-334B83018249.jpeg
    55539862-EA81-43AC-855D-334B83018249.jpeg
    772.6 KB · Views: 27
Could he have been registered as Reginald Eddie Bernard Parker, no mmn, Sep qtr 1911. His death is reg. in London 1987 and it gives a dob of 21 May 1911, which corresponds to his age on your census scan. And was his grandfather an Edward?

Could he have been registered as Reginald Eddie Bernard Parker, no mmn, Sep qtr 1911. His death is reg. in London 1987 and it gives a dob of 21 May 1911, which corresponds to his age on your census scan. And was his grandfather an Edward?
MWS, Thank you so much, on this evidence it certainly looks as if this is correct.I will look into this later today.
I don’t know how you managed to find this so quickly!
This is my Wife’s family tree, and it’s been quite difficult with name changes and illegitimacy. I’m assuming that Bernard was illegitimate . Do not know anything of his Father or Grandfather.
Thanks again……you are a ⭐️.

Just experience and practice.

No mmn implies illegitimacy, Maud (grand daughter) also appears to be illegitimate but she may be the daughter of one of Agnes' sisters.

Agnes's father doesn't seem to appear on any of the censuses with the family (which you may have seen) but I think he was an Edward Seymour Parker and he and Mary (Band) don't marry until after Agnes' birth, though I think she is registered as Parker with mmn Band.

No mmn implies illegitimacy, Maud (grand daughter) also appears to be illegitimate but she may be the daughter of one of Agnes' sisters.

Agnes's father doesn't seem to appear on any of the censuses with the family (which you may have seen) but I think he was an Edward Seymour Parker and he and Mary (Band) don't marry until after Agnes' birth, though I think she is registered as Parker with mmn Band.
Ive sent you conversation message.

I’ve sent you a conversation message.

Back