• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by zagaevens

1. Z

Promotional Steel Plate &Section Ltd gift

Thank you Janice, I did approach them by email a few months ago , but had no reply. The history of families and businesses can be lost in such a short time with the passing of family members and staff moving on or retiring unless it's documented. I have had success with other promotional models...
  2. Z

Promotional Steel Plate &Section Ltd gift

I'm a member of a forum for collectors of Matchbox Models of Yesteryear cars and trying to get any history of a promotional gift presented by Steel Plate and Section Ltd, this would have been in the middle or so 60's. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Z

Dufay Motors of Great Portland St

Lloyd , when I entered DUFAY (B'ham)Ltd Trix Models, Rlys and search, it came up in Grace's Guide to British Industrial History. The Trix group was bought by Ewart Holdings in 1957 but with insufficient money coming in the financial position worsened and Holdings collapsed. A major creditor...
  4. Z

Lloyd, thank you for your lead with this information. I will keep keep you informed of progress.
  5. Z

tali, I know it was a while ago when you posted asking about DUFAY motors, but did you find anything about them, I assume they aren't trading anymore. I'm on a forum for collectors of matchbox models of yesteryear and one of our members has aquried a gift wear tray with a Daimler on it and...
Back