• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by whiteheather

1. W

Coventry road Police station.

Sorry its been so long i have more info on william mayfield pc 73 was his no. In 1871 3 hick st aston was the address. He was a policeman for 30 yrs. Died aged 55 please could you help me with any more info Heather
  2. W

Mayfield family from Birmingham

Hi jo Abigails brother William was my gr.gr. Grandfather He was married to ann Bradley let me know if you want any info I go back to Samuel Mayfield born 1764 and mary watts. From Heather I was born in Scotland and still live there I am 76 yrs old married with 3 children 6 grandchildren and 7...
  3. W

Mayfield family from Birmingham

Hi Jo, just came across you looking for mayfield family. What is your connection my grandfather was charles edwin mayfield born 1889. His brother was james henry known to us as uncle harry he supposedly had the theatre. He married Sarah coles they had a son robert born 1930. Regards heather
  4. W

Coventry road Police station.

I dont know the police station, but I wonder if you can help me my gr.gr. grandfather was a policeman there. in 1871 he was a policeman at 3 Hick st. then he moved to Leopold st and then in the 1891 census he was at 391 Coventry rd, do you by any chance know if there is any old photo his name...
  5. W

SMITH - James Henry

Re: james henry smith Hi thanks for replying thats the one I saw, but I then got confused as Mary ann was my gr.gr. grandfathers sister and her granddaughter Martha Smith her son James Henry Smith daughter was my gr. grandmother who was married to Charles Edwin Mayfield. this is where I come...
  6. W

SMITH - James Henry

Re: james henry smith Hi, you said that in 1851 there was a James Henry with father Elijah and mother Mary Ann, do you know if Elijah married a Mary ann Mayfield or a Mary ann Wells from Heather
  7. W

TIMMINS, John

Re: John Timmins Hi thanks for info. I know Sarah died age 67 as she was my gr.gr.gr. grandmother and married to Charles edwin Mayfield. that seems to be the right age for John Timmins, I find the place names very confusing the only place my grandad talked about was Aston as that is where he...
  8. W

TIMMINS, John

Please could anyone give me info on John Timmins born 1770, I dont know if he was born in Birmingham but I know he married a Ann Wilde in 1795 in Kingswinford, Ann was born in 1770 they had a daughter Sarah Timmins born 1800 and died in Aston in 1867, there is a possibility she had a sister Ann...
  9. W

SMITH - James Henry

Re: james henry smith thanks, I think you have the right family, that was very good of you Heather
  10. W

SMITH - James Henry

Re: james henry smith Although Martha was my gr. grandmother I don't know much about her, I have her on 1891 census married to Charles Mayfield, but I didn't know her birth or who her parents were until somebody told me, so I dont know if they are the right family or not, hoping that they are...
  11. W

SMITH - James Henry

Re: james henry smith Hi thanks for your help, I will look into it
  12. W

SMITH - James Henry

I have a James Henry Smith married to Mary ann Evans on 24 spet 1860 in St Mary's could anyone please tell me who James father and mother were and who Mary's father and mother were. I know they had Martha ann Smith my gr. grandmother born 1866 in Birmingham, did they have any more children, I...
  13. W

Bradley Ann

Re: Ann Bradley thanks very much, good to know the info on Claines, although Ann was my gr. grandmother I didnt know much about her and the family. as I was born and live in Scotland
  14. W

Bradley Ann

Re: Ann Bradley Thanks for replying, that is the family that I am looking for as I have those children, somebody said his wife was Elizabeth Price but I cant find it anywhere so maybe your Elizabeth Perkes is the right one.
  15. W

Bradley Ann

Looking to find parents of Ann Bradley born 1838, I know her father was John Bradley born 1815 but I dont know who her mother was, Ann was born in Fernhill Heath, and I think her father was born in Salwarp. I cant find them on 1841 census
Back